This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This skinny buffalo chicken flatbread pizza is a lighter way to enjoy the flavor of buffalo chicken wings. If you like it spicy, you’ll love this healthy flatbread recipe! Ready in 15 minutes!
Looking for flatbread pizza recipe ideas? Look no further! I’ve got you covered.
I lightened this buffalo chicken pizza recipe up in a couple of ways. Firstly, I used nice, thin flatbread. I bought a couple of different kinds of flatbread, but decided to use Flatout Flatbread. Each piece of flatbread is only 130 calories and works as a serving for one person (or you can have two and still not overdo it!).
I also cut the butter from the buffalo sauce. You still get that classic spicy taste.
I am personally not a fan of blue cheese, so instead we have here a drizzle of Greek yogurt, creamy avocado, and red onions and pea shoots to add a bit of sharpness. Trust me, these flavors work magically together. If you can’t find pea shoots, substitute them with some chopped arugula.
This is pizza so we gotta do some cheese. I bought some fresh mozzarella… it’s better for you than the shredded pre-bagged stuff, and tastes better anyway.
I hope you love this easy flatbread pizza recipe!
Questions? Let me know!
Skinny Buffalo Chicken Flatbread Pizza
- 4 (1.7 ounce) flatbreads (see note)
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella sliced
- Greek yogurt to taste
- 1 avocado chopped
- red onion chopped finely, to taste
- Pea shoots or arugula to taste
- 1/3 cup Frank's Red Hot Original Sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven's broiler to high and move the rack to the top third of the oven.
- Whisk the buffalo sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Add the chicken in and toss until coated.
- Arrange the flatbread(s) on a baking sheet or two, depending on their size. Drizzle a bit of olive oil and Frank's Red Hot sauce onto the flatbread and spread it evenly with the back of a spoon. Add the mozzarella slices. Add the shredded chicken around the mozzarella (not on top). Season with salt & pepper.
- Broil for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted, taking care not to burn the flatbread.
- Meanwhile, prep the other ingredients.
- Add a drizzle of Greek yogurt, the avocado, the onions, and the pea shoots. Enjoy immediately.
- I used Flatout Artisan Thin Pizza Crust flatbread for this recipe. Each piece is 1.7 ounces. If you're using another kind of flatbread, you'll have to guesstimate on size. Just buy what looks right - some flatbreads are thicker than others, so it's difficult for me to give an exact size/weight for this recipe.
© Salt & Lavender Inc. Content and photographs are copyrighted. Sharing this blog post is much appreciated, but copying and pasting full recipes without authorization to social media is strictly prohibited.