This black cherry margarita recipe is quick, easy, and made with cherry juice so it's ready in 5 minutes! You will love this not-too-sweet twist on the classic margarita on the rocks.
I love trying different twists on margaritas. I have a few different varieties on my blog (like this kiwi margarita or this mango margarita), and I plan on making more at some point because why not? 😛
They're the perfect refreshing summer drink.
I love cherries in general, and I saw some black cherry juice in my local grocery store, so that's where the idea for this black cherry margarita came from. I had margaritas on the brain already, so I was on the lookout for some new flavors to try.
Black cherry juice is sweeter than normal cherry juice (no need to add simple syrup or extra sugar), and it makes this drink a tad healthier than if you were using soda or something else in the mix.
This fruity margarita on the rocks recipe couldn't be much easier to make. The cherry juice, triple sec, and tequila are the main components, and you just need some ice, lime, and salt to complete it.
I love using Maldon salt to rim margaritas, but you could also use any number of those specialty margarita salts that are sold pretty much everywhere these days.
Will you give this cherry margarita recipe a try? What's your favorite margarita flavor? Do you prefer yours frozen or on the rocks?
Let me know in the comments below.
Black Cherry Margarita
- 1 ounce triple sec (I used Cointreau)
- 1 ounce tequila
- 8 ounces black cherry juice (or to taste - see note)
- Salt for rimming the glass
- Lime wedge for serving
- Rim your glass with the salt.
- Add the ice, triple sec, tequila, and lime wedge to the glass. Top it up with the black cherry juice.
- Enjoy drink immediately.
- I used Maldon sea salt flakes to rim the glasses in the photos. You could also use specialty margarita rimming salt if you wish.
- You can either use less black cherry juice or double the alcohol if you want your drink to be stronger.