This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This chicken Caesar crostini recipe is fun for easy entertaining. These will go fast at your next party!
If you think about it, the chicken Caesar salad is basically sitting on a large crouton (the crunchy toasted baguette slice). 🙂 Adults and kids alike will love this classic salad in bite-size form. I don’t know what it is about mini food, but I sure like it. And the bacon on top is the perfect finishing touch for flavor, color, and texture.
These Caesar salad crostini are easy to make, and they can be ready in around half an hour. To make these as easy as possible, I bought a rotisserie chicken, a bottled Caesar dressing (even though my homemade one is way better lol), and pre-washed lettuce. Oh and obviously I didn’t bake my own baguette. 😛 You see where I’m going here… this is the type of recipe that you can cobble together on short notice. And it easily doubles if you’re got a lot of people to feed.
One thing I do think is worth a teeny bit more effort is grating my own parmesan cheese. It doesn’t take that much longer, and the flavor payoff is well worth it. To get the fluffy grated cheese pictured, I use an older model of this cheese grater if you’re interested.
Pro tip: Mince a clove or two garlic into the olive oil prior to spreading it onto the baguette slices if you want to add some extra deliciousness to this easy appetizer!
Chicken Caesar crostini… why didn’t I come up with this idea before?
Other Caesar salad recipes you may like:
- Healthy Grilled Salmon Caesar Salad
- BBQ Chicken Caesar Salad
- Easy Caesar Salad Dressing (10 Minutes & No Blender!)
Will you give this easy chicken crostini recipe a try?
Questions? Ask me in the comments below!
Chicken Caesar Crostini
- 6 strips bacon cut into small pieces
- 12 baguette slices (about 1/2"-3/4" thick)
- 1/4 cup olive oil or to taste
- 1 cup cooked chicken (I used rotisserie) or to taste
- Romaine lettuce to taste, torn into small pieces
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese to taste
- Caesar salad dressing to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- If you want a homemade Caesar dressing, here's my recipe. Otherwise, use your favorite bottled variety.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cut the bacon into small pieces (I find this easiest using kitchen shears). Fry it in a skillet until crispy.
- Meanwhile, you can prep your other ingredients. Cut the baguette into even-thickness slices and brush both sides with the olive oil. You may need to add more oil if you run out, but 1/4 cup is a good start without wasting any.
- Bake the crostini for 10-15 minutes or until they're as crispy as you want. 15 minutes made them really crispy (like croutons). You can flip them halfway through if you want even color.
- Take the crostini out of the oven and let them cool for a couple of minutes. Top them with the lettuce, chicken, Caesar dressing, bacon, parmesan, and salt & pepper. Serve immediately.
- You can do a lot of the prep while the bacon cooks/the bread is crisping up in the oven, so I indicated prep time as a bit less than I would otherwise. Recipe will take longer if you make the Caesar dressing from scratch.
- The recipe easily doubles, and the quantities I recommend are merely suggestions. Feel free to add more/less chicken or any other ingredient to suit your individual tastes.
© Salt & Lavender Inc. Content and photographs are copyrighted. Sharing this blog post is much appreciated, but copying and pasting full recipes without authorization to social media is strictly prohibited.