This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This ranch chicken quinoa salad is quick, easy, and healthy. It uses rotisserie or leftover chicken to make it even faster!
Ok, so this cold chicken quinoa salad isn’t exactly a revolutionary recipe. I am not saying all my recipes are revolutionary by any means, but I generally think of salads as something you pretty much just throw together… not something you really need a recipe for. I felt like including something more spring-like on the blog, however, so we will see how this recipe does. 😛
I’ve found that ranch goes well as a chicken quinoa salad dressing. It’s hearty enough that it doesn’t get lost, and we don’t have any delicate greens in here that will get weighed down.
For the ranch dressing, you can either use a homemade version (try my homemade ranch recipe) or just use the bottled kind. I do generally prefer the homemade variety myself, but those Hidden Valley Ranch packets are dangerous. I just love that stuff OMG.
As always, with salad recipes like this one, it’s very easy to substitute what you don’t like with something else. I hope this recipe gives you some ideas even if you don’t make it exactly as I do.
Chicken quinoa salad ingredients:
- Cooked (I used rotisserie) chicken
- Red onions
- Avocado (and I sprinkled a bit of Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel seasoning on top)
- Red pepper
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Ranch dressing (my recipe is linked) or use my chipotle ranch dressing if you want some kick!
Will you make this easy chicken quinoa salad recipe?
Questions? Ask me in the comments below!
Ranch Chicken Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked chicken (I used rotisserie)
- 1/4 small red onion chopped
- 3/4 cup little tomatoes (cherry, grape, etc.) halved
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 mini cucumber (or 1/4 English cucumber) sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- Ranch dressing to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped (optional)
- Cook your quinoa according to package directions. If making the ranch dressing, make it while the quinoa is cooking/cooling. Here's my recipe.
- Meanwhile, prep your other ingredients. Feel free to use what you have on-hand and to adjust quantities as needed to suit your personal tastes.
- Once the quinoa has cooled, assemble the salad and toss with the dressing.
- I list prep time as 10 minutes because I continue to prep while the quinoa is cooking so I count it in there. Prep will really depend on if you're making the ranch dressing or using bottled and how quick you are at getting the other ingredients ready. If you need to make this in a hurry, I suggest cooking and cooling the quinoa ahead of time.
- If you want to make this salad ahead (e.g. for meal prep), I suggest adding the avocado and dressing just prior to serving.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
© Salt & Lavender Inc. Content and photographs are copyrighted. Sharing this blog post is much appreciated, but copying and pasting full recipes without authorization to social media is strictly prohibited.