These spicy chili garlic noodles are fast, incredibly flavorful, and vegan. They’re super easy – this dish is ready in under 15 minutes!
I love creating fast and tasty meals like this one. An entire meal made from scratch and ready in 15 minutes is a definite time-saver for those busy weeknights where you just want something hot on the table without much effort.
I will warn you that these noodles are fiery. I couldn’t eat a whole bowl with the recipe as written, but this blog also isn’t about me… it’s about food that more people than just me can enjoy!
If you want it milder (I used the full 3 tbsp of sriracha both times I tested this recipe), I suggest reducing the sriracha to about a tablespoon or so and upping the hoisin sauce and lime juice. You will get a slightly different flavor overall, but it also won’t set you mouth on fire quite the same way. So, if you like it hot, you’ve found the right recipe! 😉
I really like soba noodles (or buckwheat noodles as they’re sometimes called). They’re very easy to cook (it only takes about 3-4 minutes!) and they happen to be vegan too. I don’t make them too often, but I think they’re a good thing to keep in the pantry for when you fancy an Asian-inspired noodle dish.
Want to add a little protein to this dish? Shrimp or chicken would work well.
Here’s a quick video showing how to make these chilli garlic noodles:
Will you try this chili garlic noodles recipe?
Let me know in the comments below!
Chili Garlic Noodles
These spicy chili garlic noodles are fast, incredibly flavorful, and vegan. They're super easy - this dish is ready in under 15 minutes!
- 6.4 ounces soba noodles (I used half a package - anything around 6 oz. will work)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Scallions chopped, to taste
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Lime wedges for serving (optional)
- Boil a pot of water and cook the soba noodles according to package directions (it only takes about 3-4 minutes to cook the noodles, so have everything else ready to go before you put them in the water).
- Add the oil, soy sauce, sriracha, hoisin sauce, lime juice, garlic, and red pepper flakes to a skillet on medium-high heat. Cook it for 2-3 minutes, stirring often, until it's warmed through and the garlic is fragrant. Take it off the heat and then drain the soba noodles and toss with the sauce. Add salt & pepper if desired. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds. Serve with extra lime wedges if desired. Serve immediately - the noodles stick together the longer you leave them.
- This dish is pretty spicy. If you want it milder and sweeter, I recommend reducing the sriracha and upping the hoisin sauce.