This corn and black bean salad is zesty, fresh, and fast to prepare. It makes a wonderful side salad, healthy lunch, meal prep, or addition to tacos!
You've probably seen similar black bean and corn salads described as "cowboy caviar" or "corn and black bean salsa". So yeah, these ingredients are definitely popular, and I can see why! I had to make it my own.
You've heard me ramble on and on about how simple recipes with fresh ingredients don't need to be fancy to taste amazing, and this is the perfect example.
Corn and black bean salad ingredients:
Corn, black beans, red bell peppers, green bell peppers, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil. Optional: avocado.
This is the perfect little salad because it's filled with tons of healthy vegetables, and the black beans make it nice and filling. You've got plenty of vitamins and some fiber in here. It'll please vegans, vegetarians, and meat eaters.
It's also a great base for meal prepping. You can easily add more protein (chicken, shrimp, etc.), or eat it as-is.
How to make corn and black bean salad (overview):
Prep your vegetables, beans, and herbs, and add them to a large salad bowl; add the dressing ingredients and adjust to taste as necessary.
Salad can be served right away or chilled for later.
I hope you're all having an enjoyable summer. Now that we're back from England, I feel like I can relax a bit. And relax for me is working even harder on the blog. 😛 I'm such a homebody, but that's ok.
Intercontinental travel is something I don't see myself ever getting entirely used to, so that's why I usually stick to traveling within North America. No jet lag, no super long flights, no massive culture shock.
I'm not the most adventurous person haha. There's definitely things I will miss about England (we go every year or two since my husband is from there), but I'm glad to be home.
I plan on having more BBQs, more walks, and just enjoying the good weather in a low-key kinda way.
If you're curious, cowboy caviar (or Texas caviar) was coined as such in 1940 by Helen Corbitt, who was a native New Yorker but worked in the food industry in Dallas, Texas.
It was served at fancy functions and given the funny name as a comparison to true caviar.
You may also like...
- Black Bean Corn Avocado Salad with Rice
- Easy Three Bean Salad
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad
- Grilled Corn and Zucchini Salad
- Chipotle Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing
Hope you love this easy black bean salad recipe! Questions? Don't hesitate to ask.
Corn and Black Bean Salad
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can sweet corn drained
- 1 (14 fluid ounce) can black beans drained & rinsed
- 1/2 large red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 large green bell pepper chopped
- 10.5 ounce container little tomatoes (grape, cherry, etc.) chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prep your ingredients and add them to a salad bowl. Toss with the lime juice and olive oil, and season with salt & pepper. Adjust seasonings as needed (e.g. add more oil or lime juice if necessary).
- Serve immediately or chill first. Will keep a few days in the fridge.
- Avocado would also be a great addition to this salad if you're serving it right away! If you want a little heat, add a pinch of chili powder.
- Serves 4+ as a side. If you want to eat this as a meal, it makes about 2 servings.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.