This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These creamy baked Brussels sprouts with garlic, parmesan, and a touch of brandy make an easy and decadent side dish that’s tasty enough for a special occasion.
These Brussels sprouts with a cream sauce make me happy. Yeah, in no way is this dish healthy, but this is one you want to pull out when you want something rich and luxurious. It would make a great easy holiday side dish, for example. Or are you looking for dinner party side dishes? Look no further.
This is the perfect accompaniment to any kind of roast. Or do as I did and eat them for lunch by themselves the next day. Yeah, as a food blogger I sometimes have an oddball (but tasty) assortment of leftovers. 😛
This dish is sort of like a creamy Brussels sprouts gratin.
I made it really easy, though, and there’s no messing around with multiple pots, pans, or dishes. You throw it all into an 8×8 baking dish and wait for the oven to do its magic.
I added the brandy because I love a creamy brandy sauce. It gives it a nice je ne sais quoi… that extra special touch that makes dishes like these so good. I didn’t test it without the brandy, but if you don’t drink and/or want to leave it out for whatever reason, I think that would probably be fine. You might want to make cooking time a touch shorter, but other than that, it shouldn’t be a problem.
Brussels sprouts in pretty much any form are wonderful, but creamed Brussels sprouts definitely take the mini cabbages to the next level. 😉
A couple quick notes on cooking these creamy Brussels sprouts:
When I made these, I didn’t stir them at all while cooking. I wanted some of the Brussels sprouts and cheese to crisp up/brown a little. It’s fine to stir them halfway through cooking if you’re worried about them burning or you want more even color.
I cooked them to tender-crisp. I didn’t want them mushy, but I also didn’t want them to be too crisp. If you’re particularly worried about over-cooking them, I would do a taste test at around the 25 minute mark, especially if your oven runs hot. I ended up roasting mine for about 35 minutes.
I hope you enjoy these creamy roasted Brussels sprouts.
Let me know below if you make them!
Creamy Baked Brussels Sprouts
- 2 dozen Brussels sprouts trimmed and cut into halves
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 425F and move the rack to the middle position.
- Add the cream, brandy, parmesan, garlic powder, and some salt & pepper to an 8x8 baking dish. Give it a good stir so the garlic powder dissolves properly.
- Add the butter in (don't worry, it'll melt), along with the Brussels sprouts, and stir until the Brussels are coated.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the Brussels sprouts are cooked to your desired tenderness. I cooked mine for 35 minutes and they were tender-crisp (but not too crisp). Check after around 25 minutes if you're particularly worried about over-cooking them.
- Serve immediately.
- I did not stir them halfway through cooking because I wanted some crisp/browned pieces. You can stir halfway thru if desired.
© Salt & Lavender Inc. Content and photographs are copyrighted. Sharing this blog post is much appreciated, but copying and pasting full recipes without authorization to social media is strictly prohibited.