This Tuscan chicken pasta is fast, easy to make, and full of flavor! You’ll love the amazing cream sauce that’s flavored with sun-dried tomatoes, basil, spinach, garlic, lemon, and a delicious herb blend.
June 2018 update: I re-worked this recipe a bit to make it simpler and even tastier!
I just love the classic flavors of sun-dried tomatoes and basil. They’re even better in a rich cream sauce.
This creamy chicken and spinach pasta recipe is deeeeeelicious, comes together fast, and isn’t complicated at all. In other words, my kinda pasta dish. A perfect pasta for busy weeknight dinners, but also good enough for company. My best friend loved it!
We use some of my other favorite ingredients here as well: Dijon mustard, smoked paprika, and parmesan cheese to pack even more flavor in here.
It was hard not to keep sneaking spoonfuls of that sauce into my mouth before the pasta was ready!
Needless to say, I failed. That sauce is really good.
I usually make a whole bunch of food for my blog on the weekends, so I end up with plenty left over.
Sometimes pasta recipes don’t reheat particularly well, but I was pleasantly surprised just how tasty this one was for the next two days of work lunches.
The chicken remained tender even after re-heating it. It’s still best day one, but I thought I would let you know that the leftovers aren’t too shabby either!
How to make Tuscan chicken pasta
Making this pasta dish is easy; you first cook the chicken for 4 minutes, take it out of the pan to make the sauce, reduce the sauce a bit, and then add the chicken back in (and finish cooking it).
You then add in the spinach and basil and cook for about a minute until the spinach has wilted.
Toss with the pasta and serve with parmesan cheese and you’re good to go!
If you like these flavors, you may also like this creamy Tuscan ravioli, my crispy chicken thighs with a creamy sun-dried tomato and basil sauce, my Tuscan chicken breasts, my Tuscan sausage pasta, my creamy Tuscan shrimp, or my Tuscan salmon.
I hope you will love this creamy sun-dried tomato and basil chicken pasta as much as I do!
Questions? Let me know in the comments.
Tuscan Chicken Pasta
This Tuscan chicken pasta is fast, easy to make, and full of flavor! You'll love the amazing sauce that's flavored with sun-dried tomatoes, basil, spinach, garlic, lemon, and a delicious herb blend.
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta (I used linguine)
- 2 chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1 cup baby spinach (loosely packed)
- Small handful fresh basil chopped finely
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese to taste
- Boil a salted pot of water and cook pasta al dente according to package directions.
- Add the chicken pieces to a skillet, along with the olive oil. Sprinkle the chicken with the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, and salt & pepper. Give it a good stir and cook over medium-high heat for 4 minutes, stirring often, until the outside of the chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the chicken broth, Dijon mustard, flour, and lemon juice to the pan. Stir until well combined and let it bubble for a minute or so.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and cream to the pan. Let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken back into the pan. Cook for another few minutes until the chicken is cooked through (be careful not to overcook).
- Stir in the basil and spinach. Let it cook for a minute or so until it wilts. Give the sauce a taste and season with extra salt & pepper if needed.
- Drain the pasta and toss it with the sauce. Serve immediately with some freshly grated parmesan.
- I used the julienned sun-dried tomatoes that are packed in oil.