Crispy chicken in a creamy sun-dried tomato and basil sauce is comforting and decadent. You will love how easily these classic flavors come together for the perfect entree!
That sauce. The sun-dried tomatoes have softened and infused it with their rich flavor. The garlic, white wine, and Dijon mustard add more luxurious deliciousness. Sounds over the top? Wait til you try it!
The chicken is tender and juicy, and that crispy skin is such a treat. Making this is super easy as well. Once you fry the chicken, the hardest part is waiting for it to finish cooking in the oven.
If you wanted to, you could add in little potatoes to make this a one pan meal. Dinner = done and done.
Tempted to make this? Already made it? Let me know in the comments below. 😀
Crispy Chicken in a Creamy Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Sauce
Crispy chicken in a decadent sun-dried tomato and basil cream sauce.
- 6 chicken thighs (skins on)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 dash Italian seasoning
- 1 cup whipping/heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 10 leaves fresh basil
- 1 (10 fluid ounce) can chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350F. Move rack to center of oven.
- Add butter and olive oil to a deep oven-safe skillet (mine is 2" deep) on medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Add to the pan skin-side down. Tip: make sure the pan is hot or the chicken skin will stick. Cook for 8-10 minutes and then flip and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. If the oil is furiously splattering, you may want to turn it down to medium heat. Chicken should release fairly easily once it's browned.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine and mustard. Stir until the mustard has dissolved. Add the garlic, Italian seasoning, cream, sun-dried tomatoes, basil (tear it into smaller pieces), and chicken broth.
- Add the chicken back in the pan and cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
This is the skillet I used. If you don't have an oven-proof skillet, you can transfer the sauce and chicken pieces to a baking dish after step 5.
Courses Main Course