This easy crockpot turkey chili recipe is healthy, hearty, and comforting. A big batch will give you tons of tasty leftovers! It’s the perfect thing to pop in the Crockpot on a Sunday morning.
My slow cooker turkey chili recipe is ideal for the coming fall and winter months. It’ll keep you warm with minimal effort!
How to make ground turkey chili in the slow cooker
- This healthy turkey chili is fairly flexible. Add 2 cans of kidney beans if you want. Add a can of sweet corn. Add more spice. I think everyone likes their chili a bit different, so don’t be afraid to experiment. 🙂
- I cooked it on low for 8 hours.
- It does have a fair bit of liquid. I know some people like that, and others don’t. If you want less liquid, you can cook it with the lid off for the last hour or two (you might want to increase the heat to high at that point), or transfer it to a pan and bubble some of it off. Also keep in mind that it’ll get drier each time you reheat it.
- I garnished it with some chopped cilantro, Greek yogurt, and thinly sliced fresh jalapenos. Some other options are sliced avocado, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, etc.
- The chili isn’t too spicy. Increase the cayenne pepper if you want more kick.
You guys getting excited for fall? As much as I don’t like cold weather, I am happy that football has started, the NASCAR playoffs are on, and that hockey will be starting in October. I’ve also been missing some of my favorite shows. Can’t wait to get back into Designated Survivor, Superstore, and Hawaii 5-0! We’re also going to see how that Navy Seals show goes. I love anything action-adventure, but if it gets too real, I get scared. 😛
I am pretty sure my husband hates watching TV with me. I’m either talking over the TV or on my phone or laptop at the same time. I then have to pause it and ask him to explain what’s going on. I don’t like me either.
Anyway, I hope you like this healthy crockpot chili recipe!
Crockpot Turkey Chili
This easy crockpot turkey chili recipe is healthy, hearty, and comforting. A big batch will give you tons of tasty leftovers!
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (13.4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (19 fluid ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (28 fluid ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 pounds extra lean ground turkey
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Prep all your ingredients and add everything except the ground turkey and salt & pepper to the slow cooker. Give it a good stir then add the turkey and stir it again so it's all coated. Wait until it's cooked before adding the salt because chili powder contains salt, and you don't want to over salt it.
- Cook for 8 hours on low.
- Serving ideas: over rice, with pasta, and/or topped with sliced avocado, Greek yogurt or sour cream, cilantro, cheddar cheese, tortilla chips, or sliced jalapeno peppers. It freezes well.
This chili does have a fair bit of liquid. I know some people like that, and others don't. If you want less liquid, you can cook it with the lid off for the last hour or two (you might want to increase the heat to high at that point), or transfer it to a pan and bubble some of it off. Also keep in mind that it'll get drier each time you reheat it.
This is the 7 quart Crockpot I used to make this recipe.
Courses Main Course