These grilled honey garlic shrimp skewers are quick, delicious, and only take 15 minutes to marinate. They're sure to be a hit this summer!
I actually wrote this recipe last summer, but I hated the photos and didn't feel like re-doing them. I found this post in my drafts, and I decided to give it another try.
I reckon these photos will do. Not the best I've taken, but I've also done much, much worse. 😛
Watch... I'll end up re-doing these too since I can't let some things go.
Anyway, what the photos may lack in... err... photogenicness, these easy shrimp skewers make up for in flavor.
I'd say this recipe is a great way to get picky eaters to try/enjoy shrimp. Honey and garlic... what's not to like?
How to grill shrimp skewers
Take shrimp out of marinade and thread onto skewers (if using wooden ones, it's a good idea to soak them prior so they burn and splinter less).
Preheat your BBQ/grill to high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-high.
Grill the skewers for about 2 minutes/side, or until the shrimp are cooked through. I give 'em a little extra to get a nice char, but you do have to be careful not to overdo it (they can go rubbery).
I love the way how the grill caramelizes the honey onto the shrimp. Nom nom.
What to serve with grilled honey garlic shrimp
You could serve them by themselves as appetizers, with a salad, over pasta, or even over zoodles for a low-carb option.
Will you make these grilled honey garlic shrimp?
Let me know in the comments below if you have any questions or if you've made this recipe! 🙂
Grilled Honey Garlic Shrimp
- 1 pound large shrimp (26-30/pound) shrimp, thawed & peeled (tails on)
- 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Pepper to taste
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add the shrimp to a large Ziploc. Pour the marinade over them and move the bag around gently to ensure they're coated. Pop the bag in the fridge for 15-30 minutes.
- If using wooden skewers, it's a good idea to soak them for 20-30 minutes prior to grilling to prevent excessive burning/splintering.
- Thread the shrimp on the skewers.
- Preheat BBQ/grill to high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high. Grill skewers for about 2 minutes/side, or until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Serve shrimp on the skewers if desired, or take them off prior to serving.
- I used a gas BBQ to grill these shrimp. Keep in mind every BBQ/grill/grill pan is different, so adjust cooking time accordingly.
- You could also make these with smaller shrimp if you wish.
- Serves 2-4 people depending on what else is served.