This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This pineapple shrimp skewers recipe is tasty, healthy, vibrant, and perfect for easy summer dinners. You will love these Hawaiian shrimp skewers!
Love grilling? Try my Easy Grilled Pork Chops next.
I have to say that I really like how this easy grilled shrimp skewers recipe turned out! The quick honey and BBQ sauce glaze not only tastes good, but it helps the pineapple caramelize when you grill it.
Shrimp and pineapple just go so well together, so making these skewers was a no-brainer for me. I added in some red pepper for an extra pop of color.
You could definitely use green pepper instead (or as well) if you want. There is quite a bit of sweetness in this recipe, so green pepper would nicely balance it out.
Red onions would also go well in these skewers if you’re looking to make these even more colorful.
Pro tip: Make sure to cut the pineapple into fairly small pieces so they cook a bit since these skewers are on the BBQ for only around 8-10 minutes.
Cooking shrimp on the grill is easy – I gave these shrimp skewers around 4 minutes/side. Not bad for a fast weeknight dinner, but you do have to be mindful not to overcook the shrimp.
I admit I do like a good char on my grilled shrimp skewers, so I maaay have left them on the BBQ a little bit longer than I suggest in the recipe.
I used a gas BBQ, so cooking time will vary depending on what BBQ/grill/grill pan you use. Start with my recipe as a guideline, and leave ’em on a bit longer if you prefer.
What to serve with grilled shrimp pineapple skewers
Rice or a salad would go great!
More summer recipes to try:
- Grilled Honey Garlic Shrimp
- Easy Grilled Chicken Kabobs
- Tequila Lime Shrimp
- Refreshing Strawberry Salsa
- Mango Salad Dressing
Hope you love this grilled shrimp kabob recipe!
Let me know if you’ve made them in the comments below. Hope you’re enjoying grilling season! 🙂
Pineapple Shrimp Skewers Recipe
- 1 pound large shrimp (26-30/pound) thawed, peeled, tails on
- 1 pineapple cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt & pepper to taste
- If using wooden skewers, it's a good idea to soak them for 30 minutes to reduce burning/splintering.
- Prep your shrimp and veggies. Add the BBQ sauce and honey to a small bowl and stir until combined.
- Thread the shrimp onto your skewers, along with the pineapple and red pepper pieces. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Preheat BBQ/grill to high. Reduce heat to medium-high, and grill the skewers for about 4-5 minutes/side (or until they're cooked through), with the BBQ lid down. Baste with the sauce twice (once after flipping them).
- Keep in mind any BBQ/grill/grill pan is different, so actual cooking time may vary.
- I had a bit of pineapple left after making 6 large skewers.
- Serves 4 as long as you serve these skewers with a side (e.g. rice, salad, etc.)
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
© Salt & Lavender Inc. Content and photographs are copyrighted. Sharing this blog post is much appreciated, but copying and pasting full recipes without authorization to social media is strictly prohibited.