These grilled honey mustard chicken skewers are sure to become a family BBQ favorite this summer! The 3-ingredient marinade is super easy and tastes amazing.
This recipe is a crowd pleaser if I’ve ever seen one. I just love the bright, happy color of these chicken skewers.
They really couldn’t be easier to make. You probably already have everything on hand already.
Everyone loves honey mustard, right? Well… maybe not. It is pretty popular. I made sure that the mustard isn’t too strong (I just used standard yellow mustard) instead of Dijon or something similar. I didn’t add a ton of honey… just enough to give that honey mustard sweetness without it being cloying. It also helps with making those tasty grill marks. 😉
I marinated this for about 2.5 hours. I intended to leave it only for an hour, but I ended up cleaning the house and doing everything except cooking during that marinating period. I’d marinate this for at least an hour, but the flavor definitely comes through more boldly the longer you leave it.
You can serve these with anything. A salad, potatoes, potato salad… you name it. They’ll be gobbled up quickly. Food on a stick is just more fun, don’t you think?
Naturally, we grill year-round (yes, my husband stands out there when it’s -25C to grill my steak to perfection), but I am so excited that grilling season is basically upon us.
I can’t wait to be able to sit outside without freezing my butt off. We’re not quite at that point yet here, but the grass is slowly getting greener. We’ve been getting plenty of rain, so that should help!
We ate these too quickly to test the viability of leftovers, but I think that a cold leftover chicken skewer would be perfect in a quick salad. That’s what warm weather is all about!
It’s time to dust that BBQ off, friends.
Love the chicken and mustard combo but don’t want to grill? Try my roasted mustard chicken thighs.
Questions? Let me know!
Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Skewers
Succulent chicken skewers with an easy honey mustard marinade.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- If you're using wooden skewers, it's a good idea to soak them for at least half an hour to help prevent splintering and burning.
- Cut the chicken into fairly small pieces and trim off any fat/gristle. Place it in a medium-to-large bowl.
- Add the mustard, honey, garlic, and salt & pepper to a bowl (or just stir it right into the measuring cup you used to measure the mustard in). Stir until smooth. Pour it over the chicken, and give the chicken a stir so it's coated.
- Refrigerate the chicken for at least an hour, preferably 2+ hours. If marinating overnight, cover it with plastic wrap.
- Once your chicken is done marinating, oil your BBQ/grill's grate and pre-heat it to high. Thread the chicken onto skewers (I had 5 skewers). Pour any extra marinade over them.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Cook the chicken for about 15 minutes total time (or until it's cooked through), turning every few minutes. We used our gas BBQ, cooking the chicken with the lid down.
- As with any BBQ/grill/grill pan, use your best judgment on what heat/how long to cook these for. My instructions should be taken as a guideline only.
- Serves 2-4 depending on what else you serve with these grilled chicken skewers.
Calorie information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee.