This grilled vegetable pasta salad is healthy and full of flavor! Zucchini, asparagus, corn, and yellow bell peppers are grilled to perfection and tossed with a fresh, lemony dressing. Easy to make and feeds a crowd!
I’ve never really been into pasta salads, so I decided to make one that I actually like. Grilling veggies really amps up their flavor, big time!
I wanted this summer pasta salad to taste really fresh, so I added some lemon zest and basil as well. I’ve been using my new lemon zester nonstop (naturally, I’m the type of the person who gets giddy over kitchen gadgets).
I’ve had a couple duds, but this one really is the best. I bought it two days ago, and I’ve already used it like four times.
Shaved parmesan cheese is the cherry on top of this moreish grilled veggie pasta salad. As usual, I used my handy potato peeler to shave the cheese. I’m innovative that way. 😛
It’s still August, but I’ve already been thinking about fall recipes, and I’m starting to panic that it’s going to be winter again soon.
I know it won’t be for a while, but still. Yikes. I figured I’d
start my winter complaining early get in another grilling recipe or two before the season is over.
Here in Alberta we grill year-round (who cares if there’s 10 feet of snow and it’s -40C fun fact: -40C is also -40F), but in the blogging world you’re supposed to follow seasons and stuff.
I may just surprise you and throw in the odd grilling recipe out of season, though. Rules? Pffft.
I tried to keep this recipe simple so that you wouldn’t have to adjust the temperature of the BBQ for each vegetable because that would just be a pain. So, if you’re looking for a tasty, straightforward recipe to prep ahead and take to a BBQ or potluck, try this!
Hope you love this vegetarian pasta salad recipe!
Will you make this grilled vegetable pasta salad?
Let me know in the comments below!
Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad
This grilled summer veggie pasta salad is healthy and full of flavor! Zucchini, asparagus, corn, and yellow bell peppers are grilled to perfection and tossed with a fresh, lemony dressing. Easy to make and feeds a crowd!
- 3 cups uncooked pasta (I used fusilli)
- Olive oil divided
- Garlic power
- Salt & pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 cobs corn
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon + zest
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 10 large leaves basil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- Boil a large, salted pot of water for the pasta. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Meanwhile, prepare your veggies. Slice the zucchini in half, and then slice each half lengthwise. Cut the yellow pepper in half and remove the seeds. Husk the corn. Coat the veggies with a light layer of olive oil, and then sprinkle them lightly with garlic powder and salt & pepper.
- Reduce grill to medium-high heat. Grill the corn for 10-12 minutes total (rotate it a few times) and the zucchini, peppers, and asparagus for three minutes each per side.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and then rinse it under cool water. Add to a large bowl. Toss it with three tablespoons of olive oil, the lemon juice and zest, and the garlic.
- Once the veggies have cooled somewhat, use a knife to cut the kernels of corn off the cobs, and then slice the other veggies into bite-size pieces. Add them to the bowl. Tear the basil and add it to the bowl, and shave the parmesan add and it as well. Toss the salad. Can be served right away or refrigerated first. Will keep in the fridge for a few days.
- I used a gas BBQ to grill these veggies. Keep in mind that every BBQ/grill/grill pan will differ, so use my recipe as a general guide. My vegetables were tender-crisp at the times listed and were cooked at the same time. Grilling them separately works fine too (e.g. if space is an issue).