This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This healthy broccoli salad is a lightened-up version of your favorite! It’s crunchy, tangy, sweet, and makes the perfect side dish. Ready in 15 minutes!
I love how fast this healthy broccoli salad comes together and how few ingredients are needed. The dressing is made healthier with Greek yogurt. Sliced almonds, dried cranberries, red onions, and apple give this salad wonderful taste and texture!
The dressing in the typical broccoli salad recipe contains mayo, sugar, and white vinegar. I swapped most of the mayo for 2% Greek yogurt (I left in a tablespoon of mayo for texture purposes), swapped the sugar for honey, and instead of white vinegar, I used cider vinegar. The dressing is still the perfect mix of tangy and sweet, but the calorie count is lower.
I also didn’t totally saturate the salad in the dressing. I think there’s plenty (you can see from the photos everything is well coated), but it won’t give you a stomachache either.
This is a good make-ahead salad recipe because nothing will get soggy, so it won’t get ruined on the drive over to your party, potluck, etc. This broccoli salad is great year-round… it’s hearty enough to get some veggies even in cooler weather.
Recipe notes & tips:
- I used honeycrisp apple in here – I really think that variety of apple is wonderful in salads. Granny Smith would also be suitable for this cold broccoli salad recipe.
- I swapped the more traditional raisins for dried cranberries. Feel free to use raisins!
- You can try swapping the almonds for pumpkin seeds if you prefer. This is a forgiving salad, so definitely experiment if there’s an ingredient in here that you’re not a fan of.
More tasty broccoli recipes to try:
- Easy Broccoli Salad (this one is not calorie conscious)
- Broccoli Ramen Salad
- One Pot Chicken and Broccoli Pasta
- Easy Shrimp and Broccoli Bowls
Hope you enjoy this easy broccoli salad recipe! Questions? Don’t hesitate to ask!
Healthy Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 1 head of broccoli cut into bite-size florets
- 1/2 medium red onion chopped finely
- 1 small apple (I used honeycrisp) cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (I used 2%)
- 1 heaping tablespoon mayo
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prep the broccoli, onion, and apple. Add them to a large salad bowl along with the dried cranberries and sliced almonds.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Season with extra salt & pepper if needed. Serve immediately or chill first. Can be made a few hours ahead (make sure to cover and refrigerate so it doesn't dry out).
- Serves 4-6.
- I used about a pound of broccoli.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
© Salt & Lavender Inc. Content and photographs are copyrighted. Sharing this blog post is much appreciated, but copying and pasting full recipes without authorization to social media is strictly prohibited.