This healthy broccoli salad is a lightened-up version of your favorite! It’s crunchy, tangy, sweet, and makes the perfect side dish. Ready in 15 minutes!
The dressing is made healthier with Greek yogurt. Sliced almonds, dried cranberries, red onions, and apple give this salad wonderful taste and texture!
I love how fast this salad comes together and how few ingredients are needed. It’s the perfect fall salad… or anytime salad, really.
I used honeycrisp apple in here – I really think that variety of apple is wonderful in salads. Granny Smith would also be suitable for this creamy broccoli salad recipe.
I swapped the more traditional raisins for dried cranberries. I knew I needed to add them in when I discovered Patience Dried Cranberries a few weeks ago at a local health food store then saw them again in Safeway.
I really really like them. They’re dry but moist at the same time… and I may have polished a whole pack off at work one day. Oops.
The dressing in the typical broccoli salad recipe contains mayo, sugar, and white vinegar. I swapped most of the mayo for 2% Greek yogurt (I left in a tablespoon of mayo for texture purposes), swapped the sugar for honey, and instead of white vinegar, I used cider vinegar.
The dressing is still the perfect mix of tangy and sweet, but the calorie count is lower.
I also didn’t totally saturate the salad in the dressing. I think there’s plenty (you can see from the photos everything is well coated), but it won’t give you a stomachache either.
This is a good make-ahead salad recipe because nothing will get soggy, so it won’t get ruined on the drive over to your party, potluck, etc.
Hope you enjoy this easy broccoli salad recipe!
Questions? Don’t hesitate to ask!
Healthy Broccoli Salad Recipe
This raw broccoli salad is a lightened-up version of your favorite! It's crunchy, tangy, sweet, and makes the perfect side dish.
- 1 head of broccoli cut into bite-size florets
- 1/2 medium red onion chopped finely
- 1 small apple (I used honeycrisp) cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (I used 2%)
- 1 heaping tablespoon mayo
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prep the broccoli, onion, and apple. Add them to a large salad bowl along with the dried cranberries and sliced almonds.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Season with extra salt & pepper if needed. Serve immediately or chill first. Can be made a few hours ahead (make sure to cover and refrigerate so it doesn't dry out).
- Serves 4-6.