This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This healthy shrimp stuffed avocado recipe makes a great low-carb snack, appetizer, or light lunch!
I bought a big bag of shrimp and had some left from another recipe, so that’s how this idea came about. Exciting, I know.
I’ve eaten avocados as a snack since I was little, and my other stuffed avocado recipe has done quite well, so I figured it was time for another.
These can’t get much easier.
Shrimp, a bit of lime juice, chives, cilantro, salt & pepper, and a little bit of smoked paprika.
To cook the shrimp I simply added them to boiling water for about 3-4 minutes and then dunked them in an ice bath. So easy. Perfectly plump and tender shrimp every time.
You’ll see from the photos that I left some of the avocado flesh intact. You can add as much as you want and then pop it right back in the “shell”.
One tasty snack. Make it a meal with a big slice of sourdough bread.
How do you typically eat your avocados?
Would you try shrimp stuffed avocado?
Healthy Shrimp Stuffed Avocado
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp thawed, peeled, tails removed
- 4 avocados cut into halves and pitted
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh chives chopped
- Smoked paprika to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a medium salted pot of water to a boil. Add the shrimp in and cook for 3-4 minutes or until they turn pink and are cooked through, taking care not to overcook. Prepare a bowl filled with ice water and ice cubes to cool the shrimp when they're done.
- Scoop out most of the avocado flesh into a medium bowl. Mash in the lime juice, cilantro, chives, and paprika.
- Once the shrimp are done, immediately drain them then dunk them into the ice bath. Let them cool for a couple of minutes and then drain and dry them (with a piece of paper towel).
- Roughly chop the shrimp and add them in with the avocado mixture. Season with salt & pepper as needed (I found I needed a fair bit of salt in this recipe). Divide the mixture between the 4 avocado halves. Serve immediately.
© Salt & Lavender Inc. Content and photographs are copyrighted. Sharing this blog post is much appreciated, but copying and pasting full recipes without authorization to social media is strictly prohibited.