These easy honey roasted carrots only have 3 ingredients, and the whole family will devour them! They're the perfect simple side dish.
Something about sweet carrots gets me every time. I've loved them since I was a kid.
These honey glazed carrots are great for picky eaters because they make an already sweet vegetable even sweeter. I was popping these like candy. I don't even like candy, but you get the idea.
How to make honey roasted carrots (overview):
Slice carrots into equally thick pieces. Add them to a baking dish and toss them with olive oil and honey and some salt & pepper if desired. Roast at 375F until they're soft. (Full ingredients & instructions are in the recipe card below)
Recipe notes & tips:
- Timing will vary based on the size of the carrots. I used medium-to-large carrots and cut them into about half inch-thick slices. It took me about an hour to get them as soft as I wanted.
- You could even roast whole carrots if you wish (like those thin ones that you can buy in bunches).
- These carrots too sweet for you? Squeeze a little lemon juice over top!
This honey glazed carrots recipe is perfect for the upcoming cooler weather since you do need to turn your oven on for them.
This recipe is pretty hands-off - I do recommend giving them a stir halfway through cooking, but as long as you don't totally forget about them, chances are they'll turn out fine. 😉
You may also like...
- Easy Glazed Carrots
- Easy Crockpot Honey Glazed Carrots
- Maple Roasted Beets and Carrots
- Honey Roasted Butternut Squash
- Instant Pot Honey Butter Carrots
I hope you will love this easy vegetarian side dish! Questions about these honey roasted carrots? Talk to me in the comments below.
Honey Roasted Carrots Recipe
- 2 pounds carrots peeled & cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley chopped, to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F and move the rack to the middle position.
- Prep carrots and add them to a baking dish. Toss with olive oil, honey, and salt & pepper.
- Roast carrots until desired tenderness is reached, stirring them about halfway through. My carrots were medium-to-large size and I cut them into about 1/2" thick pieces and they took an hour to get nice and soft. I recommend stirring them after 25-30 minutes or so, and then gauging cooking time from there based on how done they are.
- Once the carrots are done, give them a stir (there will be some "sauce" left). I sprinkled mine with parsley, but that is not necessary. Serve immediately.
- Cooking time will vary based on the size of the carrots. You can let them cook even longer if you want the honey to caramelize (the carrots will be very soft at that point).
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.