This lemon parmesan chicken Alfredo recipe is a delicious and decadent way to enjoy pasta! The sauce is irresistibly creamy with plenty of lemon and garlic! Ready in less than half an hour.
This chicken fettuccine Alfredo recipe has been updated since it was originally published – I made some modifications to make it simpler.
This is your classic chicken Alfredo recipe with a touch of lemon! I love how lemon adds some brightness to this dish.
It’s still rich, but the lemon adds some much-needed freshness in my opinion.
I don’t know about you, but after the clocks changed, I started really craving sleep and carb-loaded foods. And by 6 pm it felt like midnight last week. Ugh.
Happens every year. There’s already been snow here for a few weeks (yes really), and that’s when I go through a bit of a phase.
Thus, meals like this lemon garlic parmesan chicken recipe were born!!
And not a moment too soon.
I’m attempting to get back to my usual healthier habits, but just let me have this lemon parmesan chicken pasta, ok? 😉
This recipe will help take your winter blues away. Mind you, this would be good any time of year.
I’m quite picky when it comes to the consistency of creamy pasta sauces. I don’t like watery cream sauces. Those make me sad.
The chicken in this recipe is coated with flour, which helps to thicken up the sauce fast, so you don’t have to worry about overcooking the chicken.
I went fairly conservative on the lemon in this sauce, so feel free to add more.
I occasionally get comments that a sauce of mine has too much lemon, so I am trying to err on the side of suggesting to readers that they can add more if needed.
Hope you decide to make this garlic chicken Alfredo recipe!
Let me know in the comments below if you did or if you have any questions. 🙂
Do you crave more carbs when the weather gets cooler, or is it just me?
Lemon Parmesan Chicken Alfredo Recipe
This lemon parmesan chicken Alfredo recipe is a delicious and decadent way to enjoy pasta! The sauce is irresistibly creamy with plenty of lemon and garlic!
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine pasta
- 2 chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Flour for dredging
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (or use dry white wine)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 2 dashes Italian seasoning
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley chopped, to taste
- Boil a large, salted pot of water for the pasta, and cook according to package directions.
- Prep your chicken and sprinkle it with salt & pepper. Dredge each piece in the flour.
- Add the butter to a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the butter is melted and hot, add the chicken to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken from pan.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, and Italian seasoning to the pan. Give it a good stir.
- Add the cream and parmesan cheese to the pan. Let it bubble for a minute or so.
- Add the chicken back into the pan and let it simmer for 4-5 minutes or until the chicken has cooked and the sauce has further reduced. You may need to turn the heat down if it's bubbling furiously.
- Give the sauce a taste, and if it doesn't have enough lemon juice, add a bit more in. Season with salt & pepper as needed and sprinkle fresh parsley on top.
- Drain pasta and toss with the chicken Alfredo sauce (add in some pasta water prior to draining the pasta if the sauce needs to be thinned a bit).
- I don't recommend using half-and-half or milk instead of the heavy cream; the lemon juice is likely to break the sauce.
You may also like my 15 minute creamy garlic pasta recipe.