This vegetarian one pan gnocchi alla vodka recipe is really easy and ready in about 20 minutes! It's simple, delicious, and comforting.
I keep thinking up new one pan gnocchi recipes because I keep getting so much good feedback on the ones I have so far. My creamy mushroom and spinach gnocchi has been one of my most popular recipes for a while.
I posted a decadent gnocchi with Italian sausage recipe before Christmas and it went pretty nuts too. I also have a creamy tomato one and a tomato soup with gnocchi. This will be the last one for a while. I think.
Gnocchi with a vodka cream sauce seemed like a good idea. It's my take on penne alla vodka... except with gnocchi (now that I type that it sounds totally obvious). Anyway, it's tasty.
I used half-and-half to make this vegetarian gnocchi recipe a bit lighter. You still get the feel of a cream sauce, but it definitely isn't quite as heavy on the calories (or tummy) as if you used heavy cream. You could, of course, use heavy cream in here if you prefer, however. I won't stop ya.
I used the shelf stable gnocchi that you can find in the pasta aisle at grocery stores. You don't need to pre-cook it - it cooks right in the sauce. You could also use homemade gnocchi in here as well, but this is definitely designed to be a super quick recipe that you can just throw together on a busy weeknight between activities!
As with my other gnocchi recipes, this makes great leftovers. Perfect for work lunches. And it's the only way you'll get away with consuming vodka at work. 😉
Have you tried any of my one pan gnocchi recipes? Will you try this one?
Let me know in the comments below!
One Pan Gnocchi alla Vodka
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion chopped finely
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (14 fluid ounce) can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 2 dashes Italian seasoning
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 pound uncooked potato gnocchi
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Handful fresh basil sliced thinly
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add the olive oil and onion into a deep skillet over medium-high heat and sauté for 5-7 minutes (ok if the onion lightly browns).
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and vodka and let it simmer for about a minute.
- Stir in the Italian seasoning, half-and-half, and gnocchi. Give it a good stir, then reduce the heat to medium. Cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the parmesan and basil. Season with salt & pepper as needed (I was fairly generous with the salt in this recipe) and cook for a couple more minutes to ensure the gnocchi is fully cooked through. Serve immediately.
- The gnocchi will cook right in the sauce - no need to pre-cook it.
- This dish makes great leftovers.