These taco zucchini boats are fun low-carb way to enjoy your favorite taco flavors!
These taco stuffed zucchini boats are loaded with tender ground beef that's seasoned to perfection, a blend of Mexican cheeses, and delicious fresh tomatoes, cilantro, red onions, and avocado.
I forgot to add the Greek yogurt for the photos (in typical Natasha fashion), but feel free to serve them with a dollop of it (or sour cream).
Want more low-carb recipes? You may also like my keto (low carb) taco bowls or my low-carb taco salad recipe.
How to make zucchini boats
Making zucchini boats is really easy.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and cut off the ends.
- Using a small spoon, scoop out the inner flesh to carve out a place for your toppings.
- Bake them for 20 minutes so they're softened and cooked through.
- Stuff the zucchini as desired and return them to the oven.
- Add on any extra toppings and eat!
You can eat the zucchini boats by themselves or serve them with a salad, rice, quinoa, or anything like that.
Love tacos? You may also like my spicy chicken taco bowls or my summer steak tacos.
Will you make these low-carb zucchini boats?
Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
Taco Zucchini Boats
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (see note)
Toppings (to taste):
- Red onion chopped
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Tomatoes chopped small
- Avocado diced
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375F and move the rack to the middle position. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and trim the ends. Using a small spoon, scoop out the insides of the zucchini so they resemble boats. Place them on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Add the olive oil and ground beef to a skillet over medium-high heat. Break the meat into small pieces using your spoon. Stir in the spices once it's cooked a bit. Brown it for 8-10 minutes or until it's cooked. Season with salt & pepper as needed.
- Prep the toppings.
- Take the zucchini boats out of the oven and fill them with the ground beef. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Return them to the oven and broil on high for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melty (watch they don't burn).
- Top the zucchini boats with the toppings as desired. Enjoy!
- The Mexican cheese blend I used had cheddar, queso quesadilla, and Monterey Jack cheese.
Gloria Mellyn says
Love all your recipes!!!!
Aww thanks, Gloria! 🙂
Karen @ The Food Charlatan says
I loooove zucchini boats!! They are the perfect low carb meal!! I need to try this version!!
Thank you!! They’re definitely a bit different.