This kale and bean soup recipe is hearty, cozy, and perfect for cold winter days! It's quick and easy to make.
This kale and potato soup isn't particularly unhealthy either. It has just a splash of cream, so nothing too bad! The pancetta gives it a bit of delicious salty flavor, but we don't put a whole lot in here... just enough to make it taste really good.
This soup is sorta similar to a soup I put on the blog a few weeks ago. My memory somehow blanked on that. It has white beans, potatoes, and pancetta too, but it actually tastes quite different, so I decided to keep this one despite my sorta mistake. I sometimes cook up to 7-8 recipes over the weekend and don't write them all up right away, so no wonder my mind is boggled.
And since this one has kale, you're in luck if you want something green in your soup. 😛
How I managed to come up with two similar recipes that are cooked slightly differently (and totally forget about it)... we'll never know.
This cannellini bean soup recipe is easy and relatively quick to prep and make. It's something you could whip up on a weeknight or make some on the weekend and take it for lunches the next week.
It's one of those soups that are even better the next day/day after that.
Hope you make this easy kale soup recipe!
Let me know in the comments below if you've tried it.
White Bean Kale Soup with Pancetta
- 2 ounces pancetta diced
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 pounds little potatoes halved
- 2 cans white beans drained
- 5 dashes Italian seasoning
- 1 small bunch kale torn & tough stems removed
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large soup pot on medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and onion and cook until until the onions are lightly browned and the pancetta's fat is rendered and it's crispy (about 5-7 minutes).
- Stir in the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the veg broth, water, potatoes, beans, Italian seasoning, and kale. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover with the lid slightly ajar, and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, add the cream and season with salt & pepper to taste. Let it heat through then serve.
- I use little potatoes because they're easy, but feel free to sub in normal sized ones.
- Serves 4-6.
If you liked this soup, you may also like my Crockpot cabbage soup with beans, sausage, and potatoes, or my sausage, bacon, potato, and kale soup recipe.
Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe Natasha! Soup is my favorite thing to prep for my work lunches, especially if it has kale 🙂 this turned out to be a great soup!! Thank you again!
So happy you like it! Thanks for letting me know. ❤️
Yum! I agree this could make a wonderful lunch! I see you said little potatoes, did you use any specific kind? I'm kind of thinking fingerling potatoes would be great but not sure how well they do in soups.
Thanks, Matt! I buy the ones from the Little Potato Company (they have a few varieties that are all nice and little). I think fingerling potatoes should work just fine. Enjoy!