This winter Brussels sprouts slaw is loaded with goodies like candied cashews and pomegranate arils. A gorgeous side dish perfect for the holiday season!
This Brussels sprouts slaw is easy and comes together pretty fast.
You can use ready-made candied nuts, but I have a really simple candied cashews recipe to make your own, and it only takes about 15 minutes. The cashews add a bit of crunch and a sweet touch that makes this slaw special.
The dressing is creamy but lightened up with Greek yogurt and a bit of olive oil and lemon juice.
The Granny Smith apples and pomegranates add a bit of that delicious sweet-sour flavor, and onions top off the ingredients list in this winter slaw recipe. So easy and so flavorful!
Pomegranates are my favorite winter fruit. It's one of the few things that I actually enjoy about winter. 😛
I do see them year-round in some cases, but they're definitely best when ripe and in-season.
Will you give this easy Brussels sprouts slaw a try?
Questions? Ask me in the comments below.
Winter Brussels Sprouts Slaw
- 2 dozen Brussels sprouts trimmed & chopped finely
- 1 Granny Smith apple chopped finely
- Arils from 1/2 pomegranate
- 1-2 tablespoons red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup candied cashews (click for recipe)
- 3 heaped tablespoons plain Greek yogurt (I used 2%)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Make your candied cashews if desired, and let them cool for a few minutes, or use pre-made candied nuts.
- Prep your Brussels sprouts, apple, pomegranate, and red onion. Add them to a large salad bowl.
- Chop the candied nuts into smaller pieces and add them to the salad bowl.
- Add the Greek yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt & pepper to the slaw. Toss and adjust as necessary to get the dressing just right. Serve immediately.
- Feeds 4+ as a side dish.
If you like Brussels sprouts, you may also like my creamy baked Brussels sprouts or my maple pecan Brussel sprouts recipe.
That looks and sounds delicious! I don’t think I’ve ever had a slaw made with Brussels sprouts. I’m going to try this. Thanks !
Thank you!! I hope you enjoy this recipe, Carolyn. 🙂
Really looks amazing