This vegan Thai Green curry soup is a healthy, hearty, and super quick meal that’s made from scratch in only 15 minutes!
I’ve been experimenting with Thai flavors for a while now.
I’ve done a few Thai red curries, but somehow a green curry had not yet made it onto the blog. I didn’t want to play favorites, so here we are.
I wanted to make a really fast vegan Thai soup that you can whip up in a jiffy. Something hot, good for you, cozy, and most importantly, bursting with flavor.
Using Thai ingredients makes this easy! There’s no messing around here… one pot, minimal dishes, and you’re eating in no time.
Coconut milk is my not-so-secret ingredient for making vegan dishes wonderfully creamy and inviting.
So what do we have in here?
- Fresh ginger (I keep some in the freezer all the time so I always have some on hand, and it also makes grating it easier!)
- Thai green curry paste
- Coconut milk (the full fat kind makes this extra creamy and dreamy)
- Fresh basil
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh chives
- Vermicelli noodles
- Lime for serving
A note on the noodles: I used vermicelli in this soup (also known as glass noodles/cellophane noodles/bean thread noodles… the same thing used in summer rolls), but you could also use the thin rice noodles (also known as rice sticks).
The noodles are so thin that they cook almost instantly. You can’t go wrong with these noodles.
Fun fact: I totally forgot to add the lime in when I made the soup for this blog post. It still tasted good, but I love lime, so having wedges on the side to add to your bowl is the way to go!
Let me know in the comments below if you will give this easy vegan Thai coconut soup a try!
Questions? Feel free to ask!
Vegan Thai Green Curry Soup
This vegan Thai Green curry soup is a healthy, hearty, and super quick meal that's made from scratch in only 15 minutes!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or a combo of veg broth + water)
- 2 heaping tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 3.5 ounces vermicelli noodles
- Handful of basil chopped
- Small handful of cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives chopped (or use scallions)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Lime wedges for serving
- Add olive oil to a soup pot on medium-high heat.
- Add the ginger and garlic. Cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add in the vegetable broth and green curry paste. Stir until the curry paste has dissolved. Increase heat and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in the coconut milk. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the vermicelli, herbs, and salt & pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the noodles have softened. Serve with a wedge of lime.
- I keep ginger in the freezer so it's easier to grate, and so I always have some on hand. I love using my Microplane grater/zester to grate it.
- I use Thai Kitchen coconut milk and curry paste.
- Serves 2-4.