These baked beef tacos are easy, cheesy, and sure to become a family favorite! These crispy tacos are ready in about 30 minutes.
This recipe uses my homemade taco seasoning for ground beef that's perfect every time.
How to make baked tacos with ground beef (overview):
Add the ground beef to a skillet. Once it's started cooking and you've broken it up a bit with your spoon, add in the spices. Cook it until it's browned and drain excess fat. Add the taco shells (I use flat-bottomed ones to make them easier to work with) and spoon the beef evenly into each taco shell. Sprinkled the shredded cheese over top of each taco. Bake until the cheese has melted. Top tacos as desired. (Full instructions & ingredients are in the recipe card below)
Beef taco topping ideas:
Try sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt), salsa, avocado (or guacamole), cilantro, onions, tomatoes, fresh lime juice, hot sauce, etc.
Recipe notes & tips:
- You can use a taco seasoning mix if you prefer not to use the individual spices.
- Try swapping the ground beef for ground turkey if you prefer.
- These tacos aren't especially "sauce-y", so I definitely recommend adding salsa, guac, hot sauce, etc.
You may also like...
- Beef Taco Skillet
- Taco Stuffed Shells
- Easy Taco Casserole Recipe
- Easy Cheesy Taco Pasta
- Creamy Taco Soup
Questions about these baked beef tacos? Let me know in the comments below, and as always, tag me #saltandlavender on Instagram if you've made one of my recipes.
Baked Beef Tacos
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 10 hard taco shells
- 1 cup 1 cup shredded cheese (e.g. Tex-Mex blend or cheddar)
- Toppings: salsa, sour cream, avocado, red onions, lettuce, etc. optional, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375F and move the rack to the middle position.
- Add the beef to a skillet over medium-high heat. Once it begins to cook and you've separated it a bit with your spoon, add in the spices. Cook, while occasionally stirring, for about 8-10 minutes or until the beef has cooked through.
- If there's any excess fat released from the beef, spoon it out. Give the beef a taste and adjust ingredients if needed (e.g. add more smoked paprika). Season with salt & pepper to taste (chili powder usually contains salt so you may not have to add much).
- Arrange the hard taco shells in a 9x13 baking dish. Fill each taco shell equally with the ground beef mixture.
- Top each taco with the cheese.
- Place the casserole dish in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Top the tacos as desired and enjoy!
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. Nutrition info does not include additional topping as that is subjective/optional.