This easy guacamole recipe is fresh and bursting with flavor - just like you'd get at your favorite Mexican restaurant!
My favorite part of going to Mexican restaurants is when they make the guacamole fresh at your table. When I make it at home I try to replicate the technique.
It's really easy and tastes so much better than the store bought variety.
Pro tip: You know what the trick to finding perfectly ripe avocados is? If you're unsure, flick off that little nub thing that's on top. If you see green underneath, the avocado should be good. If you see brown, don't get it.
When you find the perfect avocado, you don't need much else to enjoy it. A bit of onion, lime juice, cilantro, tomato, and salt and pepper is all you need. If you like spice, you probably need a jalapeno too... but I leave that out when I make this for myself.
What do you like to include in your homemade guacamole?
Questions? Let me know!
- 2 ripe avocados
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon cilantro finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomatoes chopped
- 1 small jalapeno chopped (optional)
- Prep your ingredients.
- In a bowl, add halved avocados, lime juice, cilantro, and salt & pepper. Using a fork, mash into desired texture.
- Gently mix in onions, tomatoes, and jalapenos (if using). This recipe is best if served immediately.