This balsamic chicken marinade is fast, simple, and uses everyday pantry ingredients. Whip it up in 5 minutes!
If you're looking for an easy balsamic chicken recipe, you've come to the right place! This is a tasty addition to the menu for your Memorial Day BBQ.
How to make balsamic vinegar marinade for chicken
Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, and garlic powder to a small bowl. Whisk together. This quantity is good for marinating 3-4 chicken breasts. Recipe easily doubles (or triples) if needed.
I suggest marinating for at least 30 minutes in order to get the best flavor. It's not necessary to marinade chicken overnight, but the longer you leave it, the more pronounced the flavor will be.
To make this balsamic grilled chicken, I simply marinated the chicken for 30 minutes and then grilled it for about 5-6 minutes/side.
Hope you enjoy this easy balsamic marinade recipe!
Balsamic Chicken Marinade
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mustard (I used yellow)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add the marinade ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- I suggest adding the chicken to a large ZipLoc bag along with the marinade and marinating for at least 30 minutes (up to a few hours) in the fridge. You may also use a covered bowl to marinate the chicken.
- To prepare the chicken in the photos, I cut 3 chicken breasts in half lengthwise, added them to a large ZipLoc with the marinade, and let them sit for 30 minutes in the fridge. I grilled them over medium-high heat (gas BBQ) for 5-6 min./side.
- This recipe works for 3-4 chicken breasts or 4-6 chicken thighs.