This vibrant beet and berry smoothie is the perfect easy and nourishing snack or healthy addition to your breakfast!
This beetroot smoothie is packed with a lot of good stuff! Beets, a mix of berries (blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries), and a Red Delicious apple. It’s full of antioxidants, and that vivid red color would make anyone feel happy. Until you taste it. Just kidding!
Beets in a smoothie… not as weird as you may think.
It’s strange… I’m not the biggest fan of beets, but I actually really liked this smoothie. Yes, I could definitely taste the beets, but somehow mixing it with apples and berries just worked. It was very refreshing, actually. I’d rather drink my beets than eat them, I guess.
As much as I love yogurt, I’ve always preferred dairy-free smoothies like this raw beet smoothie. It’s like a thick frozen juice, basically.
This is actually the first smoothie I’ve posted on the blog. I’ve done a few smoothie bowls, but never a classic smoothie. I don’t drink them that often myself, but sometimes one just hits the spot, you know? This one is a little different than your run-of-the-mill mixed berry or strawberry-banana smoothies, so I went with it.
This is one of those recipes that will give you a nice boost as the weather gets cooler (ugh). I don’t even want to go there yet. Or ever.
Anyway, this recipe is here for you if you want a slightly different smoothie recipe to shake it up a bit! Great for a post-workout snack or anytime you need a little pick-me-up.
Beets in smoothies… yay or nay?
Hope you make this healthy beet smoothie recipe!
Beet and Berry Smoothie
A vitamin-packed red beet smoothie with mixed berries and an apple.
- 1 small beet peeled & cut into small pieces
- 1 Red Delicious apple cored and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 pound (or so) frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 cup water or juice add more if needed
- 3-4 ice cubes add more if needed
- Prep the apple and beet.
- Add the beet, apple, and mixed berries to your blender, along with the water or juice and ice. You may need to add more liquid and/or ice depending on your blender to get it blending and achieve desired consistency.
- Transfer to glass(es) and enjoy.
- I bought a 300g/0.66 lb. bag of frozen mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries). Anything in that ballpark size-wise will work.
- Feel free to use any kind of apple you wish. I like the Red Delicious ones because they tend to be sweeter than other varieties. It also means this smoothie doesn't need any extra sweetener.
- Serves 1-2 depending on how much you drink.