This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This chicken and chorizo pasta recipe is flavorful, simple, and comes together fast! Perfect for a weeknight dinner or easy entertaining.
This creamy chorizo pasta has all the good stuff… white wine, plenty of garlic, and a creamy tomato sauce.
I loved the penne in this recipe, but like I suggest in most of my pasta recipes, feel free to swap with your preferred pasta or what you have on hand. Pasta should be easy and fuss-free in my opinion!
I used spicy chorizo sausage in this chicken chorizo pasta recipe, but feel free to swap in mild if that’s more your jam. You can find chorizo that’s pre-cooked as well as varieties that need to be cooked.
I used the latter in this recipe, but I’ve used both in various recipes, and if you use the pre-cooked variety, it won’t ruin the recipe or anything, so don’t worry.
I’m not even sure when I first realized that I was in love with chorizo, but it’s definitely been on my radar for a while.
I took a look in my archives, and apparently I like to cook with it. Here’s a partial list of the chorizo recipes I’ve posted on here that you may also like: my chorizo pasta salad, my simple chorizo pasta, my chorizo pizza dip, my shrimp and chorizo pasta, and my chorizo, white bean, and potato soup.
This creamy chicken and chorizo pasta makes decent leftovers, but I do prefer the way it tastes when it’s freshly made.
I topped it with some fresh parsley and parmesan cheese. Both are optional, but they definitely add more fab flavor.
If you liked this recipe, chances are that you will also like my chicken penne pasta.
I hope you enjoy this chorizo penne pasta! Do you love chorizo too?
Let me know in the comments below! 😉
Chicken and Chorizo Pasta
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta e.g. penne
- 2 chicken breasts cut into strips
- 8.8 ounces Spanish chorizo sausage sliced or chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 dashes Italian seasoning
- 1 (14 fluid ounce) can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley chopped (optional)
- Freshly grated/shaved parmesan cheese to taste (optional)
- Boil a large, salted pot of water and cook pasta al dente according to package directions.
- Prep your chorizo and chicken.
- Add the chorizo to a skillet on medium-high heat. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it starts to render its fat and become crisp.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the chicken to the pan. Cook it for a few minutes, stirring periodically.
- Add the garlic, wine, and Italian seasoning to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and diced tomatoes. Cook for another 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through (but take care not to overcook).
- Season with salt & pepper, to taste. Drain the pasta and toss it with the sauce. Add parsley and parmesan cheese if using.
- I used an uncooked variety of chorizo for this recipe.
© Salt & Lavender Inc. Content and photographs are copyrighted. Sharing this blog post is much appreciated, but copying and pasting full recipes without authorization to social media is strictly prohibited.