This one pan chicken bacon gnocchi recipe is the ultimate comfort food! You will love the pillowy gnocchi, crispy bacon, and tender chicken all slathered in a creamy garlic sauce.
I have plenty of one pan gnocchi recipes on here, but I don't yet have one with everyone's favorite white meat. 😛 It's time. I used my usual one pan cooking method, and this one does not disappoint. Ok, so I have a chicken gnocchi soup... but that's different.
This particular one pan gnocchi recipe is slightly more involved than the others because you need to cook the chicken and bacon, but I'd still consider this a quick and easy dinner recipe. It also only contains a handful of ingredients, which makes it simple overall.
This chicken and gnocchi recipe is pretty rich, so I'd serve it with a salad.
Want more gnocchi recipes? You may also like:
- Creamy mushroom and spinach gnocchi (one of my most popular recipes)
- Gnocchi with sausage
- Creamy tomato gnocchi
- Gnocchi with a vodka cream sauce
- Spinach artichoke gnocchi
- Sun-dried tomato and basil gnocchi
- Sausage, kale, and gnocchi soup
Wow, I've typed the word "gnocchi" so many times now that it's starting to look like it's not a real word.
A few notes on the recipe:
- The gnocchi cooks right in the sauce - no need to pre-cook it.
- I buy the "shelf stable" gnocchi that's found in the dry pasta aisle. For this particular recipe, I used the Scarpone's brand. I live in Canada, and I tend to buy whatever brand my local grocery store has in stock. Brands may vary in other countries.
- Yes, you can use pre-cooked or rotisserie chicken. Just skip the step where you cook the chicken.
- I tested it with specific liquid measurements and ingredients (chicken broth and heavy cream), so substitute at your own risk. I think half-and-half could definitely work instead of cream, but the sauce is likely to have a slightly different consistency.
Will you make this easy creamy chicken and gnocchi recipe?
Questions? Ask in the comments below.
Chicken Bacon Gnocchi
- 6 slices bacon cut into small pieces
- 2 chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1 dash Italian seasoning
- 1 pound uncooked potato gnocchi
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a deep skillet, over medium-high heat, fry the bacon until it's crispy (about 10 mins.). I use kitchen shears to make cutting the bacon up quick & hassle-free.
- Meanwhile, prep your chicken.
- Once the bacon is done, take it out of the pan, and leave about a tablespoon of the bacon fat in the pan. Discard the rest of the fat or save it for another use.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook it for 2-3 minutes, stirring often, or until the chicken turns white on the outside. If the chicken is sticking when you try to stir it, give it a little more time to release naturally.
- Add the garlic to the pan and give it a good stir.
- Reduce the heat to medium and then add the chicken broth, cream, Italian seasoning, gnocchi, and bacon back into the pan (stir well). Cover the pan and cook for 4 minutes.
- Continue cooking the gnocchi, uncovered, for a few more minutes until the sauce reduces/thickens to your liking (stir every so often).
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and season with salt & pepper as needed. Serve immediately.
- I use the shelf stable gnocchi found in the pasta aisle. No need to pre-cook the gnocchi (it cooks right in the sauce).