This creamy herb chicken is fast, easy, and uses everyday ingredients. It comes together in under 30 minutes - the whole family will love this weekday favorite!
Another creamy chicken recipe coming 'atcha - this time it's chicken with a creamy herb sauce. The sauce is ridiculously tasty.
What kind of herbs to use in this easy herb chicken recipe?
I used the standard poultry mix of sage, thyme, and rosemary, but you can definitely get more creative if you want.
If you've got fresh herbs in the garden, this is the perfect recipe to use them up.
I haven't made this recipe with dried herbs, but you could definitely use a dried herb blend (try Italian seasoning or Herbs de Provence) or individual dried herbs. Just be sure to start with small amounts, taste, and go from there since some herbs taste more concentrated when dried.
How to make creamy herb chicken
Sprinkle the chicken pieces with salt, pepper, and garlic powder; dredge in flour and sauté in the butter and oil. Cook for 4-5 minutes/side or until the chicken is golden.
Remove chicken from the pan and make the sauce by adding the Dijon, wine (or chicken broth) to the pan, followed by the cream and herbs. Add the chicken back in and cook for a few more minutes.
What to serve with creamy herb chicken
Rice, mashed potatoes (ok, any kind of potatoes), steamed veggies (try broccoli or carrots!), or pasta all go well with this creamy chicken recipe.
Try these 30-minute chicken recipes:
Will you make this creamy garlic and herb chicken breast recipe?
Let me know in the comments below!
Creamy Herb Chicken
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Flour for dredging
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped poultry herb mix (sage/thyme/rosemary)
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- Cut chicken in half lengthwise; sprinkle both sides with the garlic powder and salt & pepper, then dredge the chicken in the flour so it's completely coated.
- Add the olive oil and butter to a skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken in when the pan is hot. Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes/side or until it's nice and golden, then take the chicken out of the pan and set aside.
- Add the white wine and mustard to the pan and stir thoroughly. Let it bubble for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the cream and herbs and add the chicken back into the pan. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes or so (you may need to turn the heat down), until the chicken is cooked though and the sauce is thickened. Season with extra salt & pepper if needed.
- You can find poultry herb mix in the fresh herbs section of the grocery store (often refrigerated).
- I recommend chopping the herbs as finely as possible for a smoother sauce.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.