These garlic butter noodles are quick, simple, and make a delicious and comforting meatless main course or side dish.
These garlicky buttered noodles are great when you don't really feel like cooking but you don't want to spend money on takeout either. I think we all have those days, and sometimes the most simple recipes hit the spot.
How to make hot buttered egg noodles (summary)
Boil a pot of water, cook the noodles, and while they're cooking, melt the butter in a skillet. Add the garlic and cook it for a minute or two to take the sharp edge off and infuse the butter with its flavor. Prior to draining the noodles, add a splash of the water to the skillet. Add the drained noodles to the skillet along with the parmesan cheese and parsley. Toss until the cheese has melted, then season 'em with salt & pepper as needed. (Full ingredients & instructions are in the recipe card below)
Recipe notes & tips:
- You can swap the egg noodles for pasta (any shape you have on-hand is fine) if you prefer.
- I used garlic powder instead of fresh garlic. I'd use 1/4-1/2 teaspoon.
- I use my garlic press for recipes that call for minced garlic (it's so much faster than chopping it finely). My Microplane is great for gating parmesan cheese. I recommend always keeping a wedge of parmesan in your fridge.
What to serve with buttered noodles?
Love garlic butter? Try these recipes:
- Garlic Butter Pasta with Tomatoes & Spinach
- Garlic Butter Salmon
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Garlic and Herb Spreadable Butter
Questions about these garlic butter egg noodles? Let me know in the comments below!
Garlic Butter Noodles
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Boil a salted pot of water for the egg noodles and cook them according to package directions.
- When the noodles are about 5 minutes away from being done, melt the butter over medium heat in a skillet.
- Add in the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly (you want the garlic to be cooked but watch it doesn't brown too much/burn).
- Add in about 2 tablespoons of the hot pasta water and then drain the noodles and add them to the skillet, along with the parmesan cheese and parsley. Toss until the cheese has melted and the noodles are nicely coated. Season with salt & pepper as needed and serve immediately.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.