This creamy chicken spinach pasta recipe is a total comfort food dinner! It comes together quickly – it can be on your table in about 30 minutes.
This spinach chicken pasta is great for busy weeknights. The chicken melts in your mouth, and the spinach adds some freshness to a dish that’s otherwise fairly rich.
The little bit of lemon juice and Dijon mustard add some extra “je ne sais quoi” to the recipe. It’s kinda hard to describe, but I love adding a little bit of Dijon to various recipes to give them that extra something-something. It’s one of my favorite cooking tricks, and if you’ve made some of my recipes already, you’re probably encountered my love for Dijon. 🙂
How to make chicken spinach garlic pasta
- Boil your pasta water (you can use any shape you wish);
- Prep your chicken. Cut it up, season it, and coat it in flour;
- Cook the chicken in the butter and oil until it’s no longer pink on the outside, then take it out of the pan;
- Start the sauce. Add the garlic, chicken broth, lemon juice, Dijon, and Italian seasoning to the pan;
- Finish cooking the chicken. Add the chicken, spinach, and cream to the pan and cook it until the chicken’s done;
- Almost done! Drain the pasta and toss it with the sauce. Stir in the parmesan. Enjoy!
Hope you will enjoy this creamy chicken spinach parmesan pasta!
Questions? Ask me in the comments below.
Creamy Chicken Spinach Pasta
This creamy chicken spinach pasta recipe is a total comfort food dinner! It comes together quickly - it can be on your table in about 30 minutes.
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- 2 chicken breasts cut into small bite-size pieces
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Flour, for dredging
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 dash Italian seasoning
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Boil a large, salted pot of water for the pasta. Cook it al dente according to package instructions.
Cut up the chicken and season it with salt & pepper. Coat the pieces with flour.
Add the butter and oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan's hot, add the chicken and cook it until it's no longer pink on the outside. Take the chicken out of the pan and set it aside.
Take the pan off the heat and add the garlic, chicken broth, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and Italian seasoning. Return the pan to the heat and let it bubble for a minute or so. Scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
Add the chicken, cream, and spinach to the pan. Let it cook for around 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. You may want to reduce the heat if it's bubbling a lot or if the sauce is thickening too fast.
Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce. Stir in the parmesan. Season with more salt & pepper if needed.
- I've made this without the parmesan cheese before, and it will still taste good if you want to leave it out for whatever reason.