You'll love this creamy bourbon chicken with pancetta and mushrooms! It's all made in one skillet, and that crispy chicken skin is to die for!
It's time for another crispy chicken recipe. This one's crispy chicken in a creamy bourbon sauce. I can't help myself. It's just so good. I really prefer chicken thighs because it's hard to make them dry and rubbery. And that crispy skin! And that crispy pancetta. I like to eat a healthy balance of bunny food and delicious madness like we have here.
I just love bourbon... in cooking (like these burgers I made this summer!). I can't drink hard liquor, but I love to cook with it! Bourbon and cream and mushrooms are meant to be together, like in this creamy bourbon chicken recipe.
Just a note on the recipe - keep in mind that pancetta is quite salty, so if you're sensitive to salt, I recommend using a bit less than I suggest in the recipe (you could even halve it). I don't add any extra salt to this recipe, and you know how I feel about the stuff! 🙂
This skillet chicken recipe is pretty easy and mostly hands-off. Fry the chicken then add everything else into the pan, and pop it in the oven. Relax while your kitchen fills with the wonderful aroma.
Perfect for date night at home!
Will you try this creamy bourbon chicken recipe?
Creamy Bourbon Chicken with Pancetta and Mushrooms
Deliciously crispy chicken with salty pancetta, tender mushrooms, and a creamy bourbon sauce.
- 4.4 ounces pancetta* diced
- 7 ounces white mushrooms chopped
- 4-6 chicken thighs
- 1.5 cups heavy/whipping cream
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F and move the rack to the middle position.
- Fry the pancetta on medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes until it's crispy, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, slice the mushrooms. Add them to the pan and cook for five minutes. Remove the pan contents and set aside.
- Add the chicken to the pan, skin-down. Cook for 8-10 minutes then flip and cook for 4 minutes. If it's furiously splattering, you may need to turn the heat down a bit. Add the bourbon, cream, water, pepper, garlic, and the pancetta & mushrooms back into the pan. Give it a stir and then place it in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Great with mashed potatoes and a salad.
- I bought a package of pre-diced pancetta that was this size. Anything similar would work fine.
- Pancetta is quite salty, so I do not add any extra salt to this recipe.
- This is the wonderful skillet pictured.