This Crockpot Italian sausage soup recipe is hearty, filling, and full of flavor. A wonderful and easy set it and forget it soup recipe.
Another day, another easy slow cooker soup recipe. This Italian sausage and bean soup really hits the spot.
If you read my blog with any regularity, you'll notice that I've posted a lot of Crockpot soup recipes lately. It's just that time of year I guess. I love the ease of slow cooking!
As with many of my other Crockpot recipes, I keep the prep time fairly short so you can pop it on before work, or you can go to bed and have a delicious piping hot bowl of soup when you next check your Crockpot... with minimal exertion.
This easy Italian sausage soup recipe is filled with veggies, so you can feel good about eating it.
I used mild Italian sausages, but feel free to use hot ones or any other uncooked sausage that you fancy.
Pro tip: I didn't brown the sausage before adding it to the Crockpot, but you can definitely do that if you wish!
This soup is nice and comforting. Between the sausage, pasta, and hearty tomato broth, we've got a lot of yummy stuff in here.
How to make slow cooker Italian sausage soup
I let this soup cook for 8 hours... but you don't need to be exact here. A bit less or bit longer won't hurt.
When this Crockpot white bean and sausage soup is about done, you stir in the pasta. Let it cook for another half hour or so, add in the spinach, and then dish it up.
As with any soup that contains pasta, I think that it tastes best served fresh. Leaving it makes the pasta soak up the broth even more, so be prepared for that. You can always add more veg broth in to replenish the liquid if necessary.
More soups with sausage that you may enjoy:
- Crockpot Tortellini Soup with Sausage
- Zuppa Toscana (Sausage, Bacon, Potato, and Kale Soup)
- Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup
- Crockpot Cabbage Soup with Beans, Sausage, and Potatoes
- Sausage, Kale, and Gnocchi Soup
- Sausage and Vegetable Soup
- Kielbasa Soup
Hope you love my slow cooker Italian sausage soup recipe!
Let me know in the comments below if you've tried it.
What's your favorite fall or winter soup recipe?
Crockpot Italian Sausage Soup
- 1 (17.6 ounce) package Italian sausages (see note) cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 large carrots peeled & sliced
- 1 (19 fluid ounce) can white beans drained
- 1 (28 fluid ounce) can diced tomatoes with juices
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 dashes Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup uncooked tubular pasta (I used macaroni)
- 2 large handfuls fresh baby spinach
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prep your sausage, onion, and carrots. I find it easiest to take the sausages out of their casings and then break them into bite-size pieces. You can fry the sausage in a skillet and then drain the fat if you wish prior to adding it to the Crockpot, but this step is not necessary.
- Add all ingredients except the pasta, spinach, and salt & pepper to a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- About 30 minutes prior to serving, add the pasta and stir the soup every 10 minutes or so to prevent it from sticking on the bottom.
- When you're 5-10 minutes away from serving, stir in the spinach and season the soup with salt & pepper as needed. Serve immediately.
- Regarding the sausages, anything around the 17.6 ounce mark would work. I bought a pack of 5 mild Italian sausages for this recipe.
- This is the 7 quart Crockpot I used for this recipe.