Honey dijon panko crusted basa - a healthy 30 minute meal that is ideal for a busy weeknight.
I like breading things. It's an extra step that doesn't take too much longer, and it adds next-level flavor. The honey-mustard-panko combination isn't too sweet and has a little bit of crunch. The mayo provides a bit of extra moisture so your fish doesn't dry out.
Don't feel like you MUST use basa for this recipe. Any white fish would do.
The Greek yogurt sauce is totally optional. I think it goes well with this fish dish, but it's entirely up to you whether you want to make it or not. I'm a sucker for dipping sauces, basically.
I like to dip anything and everything. Give me anything that resembles tzatziki and I'm a happy camper.
More honey mustard recipes you may like:
- Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken
- Crockpot Honey Mustard Pork Chops
- Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Skewers
- Crispy Honey Dijon Chicken
- Creamy Dijon Rosemary Chicken
I hope you'll love this honey Dijon basa recipe!
Honey Dijon Panko Crusted Basa
A quick, easy, and tasty fish recipe that is perfect for a busy weeknight.
- 1 large or 2 smaller pieces basa
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Parsley chopped (optional)
- Panko crumbs
Garlic yogurt (optional):
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice from 1/4 lemon
- Olive oil
- Parsley chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 375F. Move rack to top of oven. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up.
- Combine mayo, mustard, honey, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Spread panko crumbs on a plate.
- Season basa with salt and pepper. Dip it in the mayo/mustard/honey mixture so it's evenly coated, and then place it in the panko crumbs. Ensure that the fish is evenly coated with panko.
- Place fish on baking sheet and then cook for 15-20 minutes (depending on thickness of fish) or until the fish is cooked through and the panko crust starts to brown.
- While fish is cooking, prepare the garlic yogurt, if desired, by combining the garlic, yogurt, and lemon juice then topping with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of chopped parsley.
- Serve fish with wedges of lemon and fresh parsley sprinkled on top. Add extra salt & pepper if needed.