My crispy honey Dijon chicken is a grown-up twist on honey mustard, and it’s absolutely delicious. Dijon mustard, white wine, and butter make it taste extra luxe.
There’s something about honey mustard that I will always love no matter how old I get. That sweet-savory combination is one of my favorites. I decided to kick it up a notch in this recipe. I also have a creamy honey mustard chicken recipe you may like.
This blog is no stranger to crispy chicken thigh recipes (see the list at the bottom of this post if you’re interested).
I love that crispy chicken skin, the tender meat, and the way you don’t have to do much active cooking. Sear it up then pop it in the oven and let it cook in the delicious sauce. Total comfort food.
You can serve it over mashed potatoes, or just spoon the sauce out of the pan into your mouth like I did. The sauce is seriously addictive.
If you love crispy braised chicken recipes, there’s more!
I hope you enjoy these honey mustard chicken thighs!
Questions? Ask in the comments.
Crispy Honey Dijon Chicken
Deliciously crispy chicken with a honey Dijon sauce.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4-6 chicken thighs (bone in skin on)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 (10 fluid ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 2 dashes Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F. Move rack to middle position.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- When the oil is hot, add the chicken to the skillet skin-down. Cook for 8-10 minutes then flip it and cook it for an additional 4 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine and mustard, stirring constantly until you've got a smooth sauce. Stir in the chicken broth, garlic, honey, Italian seasoning, butter, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken back in the pan and cook it in the oven for 45 minutes.
- This is the skillet pictured.