This honey garlic salmon recipe is fast, simple, and the honey garlic sauce is addictive! Your whole family will love this easy weeknight dinner.
You can't go wrong with honey glazed salmon. With this recipe, you can have dinner on the table in under 20 minutes. Perfect for busy weeknights.
I wanted to make this pan-seared salmon recipe as easy and fuss-free as possible. I thought of adding cornstarch to thicken the sauce, but I didn't find that it needed it. There's a ton of similar recipes on the internet, so I wanted to ensure my version is one that I'd keep coming back to.
This honey salmon recipe only has a handful of everyday ingredients:
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Lemon Juice
How to make honey garlic salmon
- Season the salmon pieces. Sear them over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes/side or until the salmon is just cooked through.
- You then take the fish out of the pan and add the sauce ingredients into the pan (lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, garlic). Cook until it's thickened, add the fish back in, and voila!
Pro tip: It's totally up to you if you eat the skin. You could make this with skinless salmon or just peel the skin off once it's cooked.
What to serve with honey garlic salmon
I love serving this with rice and a veggie (broccoli or carrots work great!) or salad.
I sprinkled a little parsley on top of this dish for the photos. This step adds a bit of freshness, but you can skip it if you wish. I also like to squeeze some lemon over top. Lemon and salmon are a match made in heaven, and the sauce is really sweet, so I like that sweet-tangy balance.
This honey garlic glazed salmon is also great for picky eaters. Slap a sweet sauce on salmon and it suddenly becomes even more appealing. 😉
I'm pretty excited about this recipe, and I hope you will enjoy it!
More easy salmon recipes to try:
- Sweet Chili Salmon
- Baked Teriyaki Salmon Recipe
- Garlic Butter Salmon
- Maple Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner
- Spinach Artichoke Salmon
- Easy Salmon Burger Recipe
Will you give this easy honey garlic salmon recipe a try?
Questions? Ask me in the comments below.
Honey Garlic Salmon Recipe
- 1 pound fresh salmon cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Season the salmon with salt & pepper.
- Add the oil to a skillet over medium-high heat, and when it's hot, add the salmon skin side up. Cook it for 4-5 minutes/side or until it's just cooked through. If the oil is splattering everywhere, turn the heat down a bit.
- Meanwhile, add the lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, and garlic to a bowl and stir until it's mixed.
- Take the fish out of the pan and set aside.
- Pour the sauce mixture into the pan and let it bubble for a couple of minutes to thicken up. Add the fish back in the pan and spoon the sauce over it. Serve fish with a squeeze of lemon if desired.
- This recipe is delicious served with rice.
- The sauce is really sweet, so I like to squeeze some lemon over top before I eat it.
- I used wild sockeye salmon.
- This is the Lodge 10.25" cast iron pan pictured in the post.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.