This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Instant Pot pasta e fagioli soup recipe is easy, hearty, and comforting. A big batch is ready in less than 40 minutes!
I recently made a stovetop pasta e fagioli recipe, and I figured why not make one for the Instant Pot? This soup lends itself well to pressure cooking because it helps concentrate flavors in a relatively short amount of time. It also frees up your stove, and you don’t have to worry about stirring the soup while cooking it.
This electric pressure cooker pasta e fagioli recipe is extra delicious served with some freshly grated parmesan cheese on top.
What’s pasta e fagioli?
Pasta and beans! This Italian soup is a classic for a reason. It’s easy to make and simply delicious.
Pasta e fagioli’s main ingredients are:
- Pancetta (a salty Italian bacon) adds wonderful flavor, but you could use regular bacon if you wish.
- Diced tomatoes
How to make Instant Pot pasta e fagioli
- Sauté pancetta until crispy;
- Add the onion and sauté until softened;
- Add the remaining ingredients to your IP;
- Close the lid, set the valve on “sealing”, and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Once it’s done, do a quick pressure release.
You may also like my vegetarian pasta fagioli soup (for the Crockpot).
More Instant Pot soups to try:
- Easy Instant Pot Minestrone Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Cabbage Soup
- Instant Pot Potato Leek Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot Hamburger Soup
I just love this warming winter soup. Have you tried it?
Questions? Let me know in the comments below.
Instant Pot Pasta e Fagioli
- 1 (4.4 ounce) package diced pancetta
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 3 sticks celery chopped
- 3 large carrots chopped or sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (28 fluid ounce) can diced tomatoes with juices
- 4 cups chicken broth/stock
- 1 cup water
- 4 dashes Italian seasoning
- 1 (15 fluid ounce) can red kidney beans drained
- 1 (15 fluid ounce) can white kidney beans drained
- 1 cup uncooked pasta (ditalini or macaroni)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
- Prep your ingredients.
- Press the sauté button on your Instant Pot and sauté the pancetta until it starts to get crispy and browned.
- Add the onion and sauté for another 3 minutes or so, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the Instant Pot and give it a good stir.
- Close the lid, set the valve on "sealing" and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Once the countdown has finished, do a quick pressure release. Season with salt & pepper if needed.
- Serve with freshly grated parm on top if desired!
- The pasta in these types of soup tends to soak up the broth, so you may want to add more broth/stock when reheating leftovers.
- Inactive time indicates the time it takes the Instant Pot to get up to pressure.
- Serves 6+ depending on how big your portions are.
- Don't own an Instant Pot? Try my stovetop version.
- I use this 6-quart Instant Pot.
© Salt & Lavender Inc. Content and photographs are copyrighted. Sharing this blog post is much appreciated, but copying and pasting full recipes without authorization to social media is strictly prohibited.