These teriyaki chicken zoodles are easy, so delicious, and ready in only 15 minutes! A tasty low-carb option.
These teriyaki chicken zucchini noodles are part of a 15-minute zoodles series that I’ve been slowly building up on my blog. My garlic lime cashew zoodles and garlic shrimp zoodles have been two of the most popular recipes on my blog all year long. I recently added a sweet chili shrimp zoodles recipe too, and now this one. All of them can be made in about 15 minutes and are pretty healthy. What’s not to love?
How do you make homemade teriyaki sauce?
Making teriyaki sauce at home is really easy. Ingredients can vary, but I simply used some brown sugar, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and cornstarch to get that tasty sauce. Some of the recipes out there contain mirin, but I know that’s not an ingredient that everyone has in their pantry, so I decided to make this recipe without it. If you like a sweeter teriyaki sauce, you will like this recipe. A squeeze of lime is a great addition to this recipe if you want to add a little bit of sourness to it.
As with any zoodles recipe on my blog, I like to use tongs to quickly warm the zucchini noodles through. The longer you cook them, the more water they release. Not necessarily a bad thing, but just be aware if you’re new to veggie noodles.
This is the spiralizer I use for all my vegetable noodle recipes.
Hope you love this one!
15 Minute Teriyaki Chicken Zoodles
These teriyaki chicken zoodles are easy, so delicious, and ready in only 15 minutes!
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized on medium setting
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch + 2 tablespoons cold water
- Scallions, chopped, to taste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons (packed) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pepper, to taste
- Prep your chicken. Add it to a large skillet along with the olive oil. Stir until chicken is coated. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, for 5-7 minutes, or until it's cooked through (don't overcook).
- Meanwhile, spiralize your zucchini and set aside. Add the teriyaki sauce ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together. Also get your cornstarch mixture ready in another small bowl and chop the scallions if using.
- When the chicken is about done, reduce the heat to medium and add the teriyaki sauce mixture and the cornstarch mixture to the skillet. Stir well so the chicken is coated, and let it bubble (it will thicken fast) for a minute or two.
- Add the zucchini noodles to the skillet and using tongs, toss them with the teriyaki chicken. The zucchini will release water. Don't cook the zoodles for too long or they will get limp and watery. I warm them through for a couple of minutes max, tossing continuously.
- Serve immediately with scallions sprinkled over top if desired. Enjoy!
This is the spiralizer I used for this recipe.
Courses Main Course