This bacon cream cheese tortellini recipe has crispy bacon, cheesy tortellini, and a deliciously tangy creamy Alfredo sauce. It's quick, easy, and makes a fabulous main course or side dish.
Cheese tortellini and bacon make a nice combo. Nestle 'em in a cream sauce and store-bought tortellini has suddenly been taken from bland to grand. 😉
Bacon, parmesan cheese, and cream together is obviously quite rich, so that's one of the reasons I decided to use cream cheese in here. The slight sourness of it lightens the dish up overall. It also helps to thicken the sauce without worrying about adding flour or cornstarch.
I would serve this creamy bacon tortellini recipe with something light (like a salad) or just make it a side dish. This feeds four as a main course or up to six as a side dish, depending on how much people eat.
This bacon cream cheese tortellini is the perfect comfort food for any occasion. I hope you'll like this recipe!
Other tortellini recipes you'll love:
- Chicken Tortellini Alfredo
- Crockpot Tortellini Soup with Sausage
- One Pan Tortellini with Sausage
- Tomato Tortellini Soup
- Cheese Tortellini with Butter, Mushrooms, and Crispy Sage
- Spinach Tortellini Salad
- Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup
Let me know if you've made this creamy tortellini with bacon recipe! As always, I love to see your creations, so tag me #saltandlavender on Instagram if you've made one of my recipes.
Questions? Leave me a comment below.
Bacon Cream Cheese Tortellini
- 2 (9 ounce) packages refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 6 strips bacon cut into small pieces
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 block of Philly) softened
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Boil a large, salted pot of water for the tortellini. Start cooking the tortellini once the bacon is done (it'll only take a few minutes for the tortellini to cook).
- Cut the bacon into small pieces (I use kitchen shears to make the job easy). Fry it in a skillet over medium-high heat until crispy (about 10 minutes).
- Take the pan off the heat and remove the bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Drain most of the bacon fat from the pan (keep about 1 tablespoon in there).
- Stir in the garlic, chicken broth, cream, and cream cheese. Return the pan to the burner (medium heat), and stir until you've got a smooth sauce and it's reduced to your liking (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and bacon. Take the pan off the heat and toss with the drained tortellini. If the sauce is too thick, add a few spoonfuls of the pasta water. Season with salt & pepper as needed.
- Take the cream cheese out of your fridge 30+ minutes prior to starting the recipe so it has a chance to soften up. Alternatively, you can microwave it for 20-30 seconds (microwaves vary so watch it closely) to soften it up if you forget.