This bacon ranch tortellini recipe is creamy, comforting, easy to make, and fast! Great for a weeknight treat.
This easy tortellini recipe is based on a reader favorite, my Bacon Cream Cheese Tortellini. It has similar ingredients and flavors, so if you like that one, there's a good chance you'll also enjoy this too. 🙂
This is one of those recipes that should please (almost) everyone in the home, picky eaters included. Bacon and ranch belong together, and who can resist a creamy sauce and cheesy tortellini?
How to make creamy tortellini with bacon (summary)
Start by boiling some water for the tortellini in a pot and cooking the bacon in a skillet. Cook the tortellini according to package instructions (add it to the boiling water once the bacon is cooked). Transfer the bacon to a plate, and then make the sauce in the same skillet the bacon was cooked in. Leave about a tablespoon of the bacon fat in the pan, then add in the chicken broth and ranch seasoning and whisk until it's dissolved. Stir in the cream and cream cheese, and cook until it's become a smooth sauce and thickened up a bit. Toss with the drained tortellini and cooked bacon. Enjoy! (Full ingredients & instructions are in the recipe card below)
Recipe notes & tips:
- Bacon and ranch seasoning are both quite salty, so be mindful of adding any extra salt to this dish without tasting first (and that's why I went with low sodium chicken broth). You can try a homemade ranch seasoning if you want to control salt more.
- Try subbing the chicken broth for dry white wine (or do a 50/50 split).
- When frying bacon, I like to use this splatter guard for easy clean-up.
What to serve with bacon ranch tortellini?
This recipe is quite rich, so I'd serve it with a side salad or a vegetable like these Easy Roasted Green Beans. You could also have this as a side dish to any number of main courses (then it will serve up to 6 people).
More delicious tortellini recipes:
- Alfredo Tortellini Bake
- One Pan Tortellini with Sausage
- Chicken Tortellini Alfredo
- Creamy Spinach Tortellini Soup with Chicken
- Baked Tortellini (Tomato & Meat Sauce)
Questions about this bacon ranch tortellini recipe? Let me know in the comments below.
Bacon Ranch Tortellini
- 6 strips bacon cut into small pieces
- 2 (9 ounce) packages refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 block of Philly) softened
- Ensure the cream cheese is very soft (take it out of the fridge 1+ hour prior to making the recipe or microwave it for 20-30 seconds).
- Boil a large, salted pot of water for the tortellini. Start cooking the tortellini once the bacon is done (tortellini cooks fast).
- Meanwhile, cut the bacon into small pieces (I use kitchen shears to make it easy). Fry it in a skillet over medium-high heat until crispy (about 10 minutes).
- Take the pan off the heat and remove the bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Drain most of the bacon fat from the pan (keep about 1 tablespoon in there).
- Return the pan to the burner (medium heat). Stir in the chicken broth and ranch seasoning and whisk until it's dissolved, then stir in the cream and cream cheese. Keep stirring until you've got a smooth sauce and it's thickened up a bit (about 5 minutes). It's not a super thick sauce, but it will thicken even more as it cools.
- Take the pan off the heat and toss with the drained tortellini and bacon, then serve immediately.
- Ranch seasoning and bacon are both quite salty, so be mindful of adding extra salt to this recipe. Try making your own homemade ranch seasoning to lower the salt content if needed.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.