These easy ground turkey burgers are tender and juicy. They're quick and a cinch to make - they'll be a family favorite all summer!
This healthy turkey burger recipe comes together fast. You can have these on your table in about 20 minutes!
I have a ground chicken burger recipe that readers enjoy every summer. This easy turkey burger recipe is based off that one.
I love using fresh herbs in my burgers; they make them taste extra summery. It's so exciting to use my own home-grown herbs in recipes (well, even if it's just the two kinds haha). The taste difference is amazing.
I topped these grilled turkey burgers with some mayo, butter leaf lettuce, tomato, and red onion. I absolutely love burgers, and I generally keep the toppings quite simple. If you've got quality fresh ingredients, you really don't need to add much. As always, feel free to top them with your favorite things. Avocado would work on these as well. And if you can't do a burger without ketchup, then by all means add it! 🙂
A few years ago, I learned the trick of adding some mayo right into the burger mixture to help keep poultry burgers moist. It really works.
I hope you will find that these are the best turkey burgers you've made at home!
How to cook turkey burgers on the grill (success tips):
- Don’t over handle the meat.
- Make the patties and place them on wax paper.
- Make a little depression with your thumb in the center of each burger so they cook evenly instead of puffing up in the middle.
- Make sure you oil the grill before it’s up to temperature so the burgers don’t stick.
- Slide the burgers onto the grill using a metal spatula so they don't fall apart (they are quite delicate).
- Cooking temperature: every BBQ or grill is different, and burger thickness will vary. We cooked the burgers in our BBQ on medium high heat for around 5 min/side (we made 4 burgers). If you’re unsure they are properly cooked, you should use a meat thermometer. The inside meat temperature should read at least 165F. You could also use a grill pan or frying pan to make these.
Love homemade burgers? You may also like my easy salmon burger recipe.
Will you make this turkey burger recipe? Let me know if you have any questions in the comments below.
Easy Ground Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey (I used thigh, but feel free to use breast meat)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives chopped
- 1 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped finely
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (I used Italian flavored)
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Serve with: hamburger buns, butter leaf lettuce, tomato, red onion, mayo, avocado... etc.
- Oil and pre-heat your grill to high heat.
- Chop the chives and parsley, and prepare your toppings (tomato, onion, lettuce, etc.).
- In a medium to large bowl, add the ground turkey, chives, parsley, minced garlic, lemon juice, breadcrumbs, mayo, and salt & pepper. Using your hands, gently mix everything together, taking care to not over handle the mixture.
- Form burger patties one by one and place them on a sheet of wax paper. You should be able to make six small to average-size burger patties or four larger ones. Using your thumb, create a depression in the center of each patty so they cook evenly. Patties will be quite delicate.
- Turn the grill down to medium-high heat. Cook the burger patties until their internal temperature is at least 165F. Cooking time really depends on your grill and the thickness of the patties. Mine took about 5 minutes/side (made 4 patties).
- Once the burgers are cooked, you can toast the buns for about 20-30 seconds on each side if desired (we did this right on the grill after buttering them).
- Assemble burgers and enjoy!
- Use an instant read meat thermometer to ensure the burgers are cooked to 165F internal temperature.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.