This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These easy shrimp tacos are a quick and simple taco recipe that’s perfect when you don’t have much time to cook! They’re ready from start to finish in about 30 minutes.
This recipe originally appeared on The Recipe Critic. I contribute one recipe a month to Alyssa’s blog. 🙂
If I had to pick an easy-to-cook protein, I’d pick shrimp over chicken any day. I have many easy shrimp recipes on my blog, but here’s a few of my favorites: creamy Tuscan shrimp, this quick and easy garlic butter shrimp, and my garlic shrimp and avocado crostini.
Shrimp and tacos just go so well together. All nestled in a warm tortilla with tons of sour cream… gimme. I seem to always write up recipes when I’m hungry. Such is my life. I used flour tortillas, but feel free to use corn tortillas or hard taco shells if you want.
For this recipe, I used 31-40/pound count frozen raw shrimp. You can use smaller or larger shrimp if you wish.
How to make easy shrimp tacos
- Prep your shrimp. Make sure they’re thawed if you’re using frozen shrimp (run them under cool water). Peel them and remove the tails too.
- Get everything ready. I like to start prepping the toppings while the shrimp are thawing. Chop your veggies and get the condiments (salsa, sour cream, etc.) ready.
- Cook the shrimp. This process doesn’t take long at all (about 5 minutes or so). You simply cook the shrimp with the oil and spices until they’re pink and cooked throughout.
- Assemble your tacos. Time to top them sky high! 😉
Shrimp taco toppings
- Shredded iceberg lettuce (chop it finely)
- Tomatoes (I prefer the little ones like grape or cherry)
- Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- Tex-Mex or Mexican cheese blend
- Red onions or scallions
- Sliced avocado
- Fresh lime juice (a must for me!)
- Chopped cilantro
Tacos are meant to be fun, so use whatever works or whatever you have on-hand.
Hope you love this recipe!
Questions about these easy shrimp tacos? Leave me a comment below!
Easy Shrimp Tacos
- 1 pound medium shrimp (thawed & peeled)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 8-10 medium flour tortillas
- Toppings (optional to taste): sour cream, salsa, iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro, etc.
- Prepare your shrimp. If they're frozen, run them under cool water until they're thawed. Peel them and remove the tails.
- Meanwhile, get your toppings ready.
- Add the shrimp to a skillet along with the olive oil and spices. Cook over medium-high heat until the shrimp turn pink and are cooked through, flipping/stirring them occasionally (approx. 5-6 minutes). Add salt & pepper as needed.
- Assemble your tacos as desired and serve immediately.
- You may use taco seasoning instead of the suggested spices if that's easier for you.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper if you want to make these tacos spicy.
- To warm flour tortillas all at once, wrap them in foil and warm in a 375F oven while you're getting everything else ready.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
© Salt & Lavender Inc. Content and photographs are copyrighted. Sharing this blog post is much appreciated, but copying and pasting full recipes without authorization to social media is strictly prohibited.