These easy ground pork tacos are a quick family-friendly meal that's perfect for busy weeknights! Ready in under half an hour.
I have all sorts of taco recipes on my blog, including ground turkey tacos, ground chicken tacos, and even taco zucchini boats with ground beef. I figured it was time to make some tacos with the "other" ground meat - ground pork.
I typically use ground pork alongside ground beef when I'm making things like meatballs or spaghetti sauce. I don't use it on its own too often, but if you like pork or just want to try something a little different, this is your recipe!
Ground pork taco toppings
I was trying to figure out what to top these tacos with, and apples came to mind since they're so good with pork. I whipped up a quick apple slaw, and I liked it so much that I decided to make it a recipe on its own vs. burying it within this recipe.
I also added some sliced avocado, tomatoes, and plenty of fresh lime juice. As always, pick and choose your toppings depending on what you like. There's no right way to top a taco. 😉
This ground pork taco recipe is ideal for those days where you want something a little different but don't have much time to cook.
You can even make the slaw ahead if you like, and you'll most likely have some leftover coleslaw that you can use for other things like pulled pork sandwiches throughout the week.
Pro tip: I don't buy taco seasoning because I like controlling the individual flavors, but you can definitely sub the spices I use for taco seasoning if you prefer.
Love pork with apples? You may also like this pork tenderloin recipe.
Let me know in the comments below if you've made these easy ground pork tacos or if you have any questions about this recipe.
Do you cook with ground pork often?
Ground Pork Tacos with Apple Slaw
- 6-8 medium flour tortillas
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Apple slaw
- Lime wedges
- Pre-heat oven to 375F to warm tortillas. Cover tortillas in foil to warm them all at once.
- Add olive oil, ground pork, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika to a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook for about 8-10 minutes (or until cooked through), stirring often, and breaking up the meat.
- While the pork is cooking, prepare the apple slaw and the rest of the garnish.
- Once the pork is cooked, serve tacos immediately and garnish as desired.
- If it's easier, use taco seasoning instead of the spices I have listed in the recipe.
- Add on about 10 extra minutes to the total recipe time if you're making the apple slaw at the same time as the tacos.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information. Nutritional info is for 6 tacos and doesn't include toppings.
Heidi Doerfert says
Absolutely DELICIOUS!!! Will be in my recipe rotation for years to come!
Wonderful!! I'm so glad to hear that. Thanks for taking the time to write me a review! 🙂
Delicious, as always! I melted cheddar cheese on the tortillas before assembling the tacos.
So happy you enjoyed them! 🙂
I tend to use recipes as a base and then add my own take on it. This needed no fiddling. Delicious and must be paired with the perfect apple slaw. Again, no fiddling necessary. Great balance on both recipes and delightful together. We like our tacos wrapped up in naan bread and this worked perfectly. Thanks!!
I'm so happy you enjoyed both components! 🙂
Stephanie Smith says
Forgot to rate it with my comment!
Stephanie Smith says
Wow these were amazingly delicious! Such fresh flavors! It's really an unexpected flavor profile for pork (finally something not Asian!). Adding this to my regular rotation.
Aww so glad to hear it! Thanks for leaving me a comment! XO
You had me at tacos! Great quick weeknight meal!
Mary Ann | The Beach House Kitchen says
Such a great idea to use ground pork Natasha! And LOVE that apple slaw. Bet it's a delicious combination!
Sarah Fennel says
Yum! These are a great weeknight dinner idea!
Matt Robinson says
I love ground pork but have never used it for tacos. That’s going to change now!
Awesome!! Hope you like 'em!
Naomi Robinson says
Adding to our taco Tuesday repertoire!