This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
My healthy baked salmon tacos are fresh and full of flavor and ready in under 30 minutes. The cilantro lime Greek yogurt dressing tastes just as good as sour cream but contains fewer calories.
Mmm tacos! It’s been a while since we’ve seen tacos on this blog, so I’m pretty happy that they’re back. I’ve been meaning to do salmon tacos for a while now.
I love how easy and fuss-free it is to cook a piece of salmon in the oven. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up, pop it in the oven, and 15 minutes later you’ve got an easy meal.
These tacos really couldn’t be much simpler. While the salmon is cooking, whip up the sauce and cut up the veggies. These healthy baked salmon tacos are perfect for busy weeknights. I’m also pretty sure that this would be a great way to get picky eaters to eat their fish!
I seasoned the salmon with salt & pepper, a bit of garlic powder, some ground cumin, and a little chili powder. As always, adjust seasonings to suit your tastes. A good quality piece of salmon doesn’t need too much enhancement.
I chose corn tortillas for these tacos, but flour tortillas would work as well. Finely chopped iceberg lettuce and creamy avocado are the finishing touches on this taco recipe.
Will you make my healthy baked salmon tacos?
Questions? Let me know!
Healthy Baked Salmon Tacos
- 8-10 corn tortillas
- 1 piece fresh salmon (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Garlic powder to taste
- Ground cumin to taste
- Chili powder (optional) to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used 2%)
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Handful fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 avocado diced
- Iceberg lettuce shredded, to taste
- Lime wedges to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F. Move the rack to the middle position. Line a baking sheet with foil. Wrap the tortillas in foil and put them in the oven right away.
- Place a piece of salmon on the baking sheet and coat it with olive oil. Gently sprinkle with garlic powder, ground cumin, chili powder, and salt & pepper. Cook in oven for 10-15 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients. Set aside. Prepare the avocado and lettuce.
- When the salmon is done, roughly cut it into bite-size pieces using a fork. Assemble tacos immediately. Serve with extra lime if desired.
- If you're feeding 4+ people, I suggest buying a large piece of salmon or 2-3 smaller ones.
© Salt & Lavender Inc. Content and photographs are copyrighted. Sharing this blog post is much appreciated, but copying and pasting full recipes without authorization to social media is strictly prohibited.