This spinach salad with bacon and eggs and a tangy garlicky dressing is sure to be a new favorite in your house. Quick, easy, and bursting with flavor!
This salad takes spinach to a whole new level. Trust me on this. And the dressing is quick and very simple.
This recipe makes a filling meal for one or you can split it into two side salads.
I first had this salad at my husband's friend's house, and one day I had to watch him make it so I could replicate it.
He uses artificial bacon bits, which is still tasty, but real bacon really makes this salad special.
I always request this salad when we go over there, and when I'm not lazy, I make it at home myself.
You might not want to eat this the night before a big job interview, and I caution against reducing the garlic - it is so good with the full two cloves 🙂
How to make this simple spinach salad dressing
Whisk together the mayo, sour cream, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and salt & pepper until you've got a smooth and delicious mixture. Refrigerate until needed.
The dressing is pretty heavy, so you definitely want to add it to the salad just prior to eating it.
Have you tried this garlicky easy spinach salad recipe?
Questions? Let me know in the comments below!
Spinach Salad with Bacon and Eggs
An easy spinach salad with bacon, hard boiled eggs, and a tangy garlicky dressing.
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 3 strips bacon cut into small pieces and fried
- Spinach (I buy the pre-washed 5 oz/142g boxes and use it all)
- Make the dressing by mixing mayo, sour cream, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and salt & pepper to taste. Refrigerate until needed.
- Cook the eggs. Once hard boiled, place them under cold running water until cooled. Peel and chop (or slice) them.
- While eggs are cooking, cut bacon into pieces and fry until crispy.
- Assemble salad by tossing spinach with the dressing and bacon pieces. Add eggs on top.
If you like easy spinach salad recipes, you may also like my eggplant and spinach salad recipe.