This spinach tortellini salad is a quick and simple pasta salad that the whole family will love! It's loaded with fresh ingredients and comes together in about 20 minutes.
This is a good time of year to be making this pasta salad because tomatoes and basil straight out of the garden (or from the farmers' market) make a huge difference in how tasty this salad is.
This spinach tortellini pasta salad doesn't have too many ingredients, so it's perfect to throw together when you need something quick for a summer BBQ or picnic.
I whipped up a super fast Italian dressing with pantry staples. It's nice and light and really lets the salad ingredients shine. I found a tasty local fennel salami that I used in this tortellini salad. You could even use a spicy salami or Spanish chorizo if you wish.
Pro tip: The spinach does wilt, so I suggest waiting to add the dressing to just prior to serving. If you're in a rush, feel free to use a bottled Italian dressing instead of the homemade one.
More cheese tortellini recipes you may like:
- Chicken Tortellini Alfredo
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup
- Cheese Tortellini with Butter, Mushrooms, and Crispy Sage
- Creamy Spinach Tortellini Soup with Chicken
- Caprese Tortellini Pasta Salad
Will you make this spinach tortellini salad?
Let me know in the comments below!
Spinach Tortellini Salad
This spinach tortellini salad is a quick and simple pasta salad that the whole family will love!
- 8 ounces salami, chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 small red onion
- 2 cups spinach (packed) chopped
- 8 ounces tomatoes (grape, cherry, etc.) halved
- Handful fresh basil sliced thin
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
Boil a large, salted pot of water for the tortellini. Cook it according to package directions. Once cooked, rinse with cool water and drain well.
Meanwhile, add the dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together (or shake in a jar).
Prep your other ingredients and add them to a large bowl.
Once the tortellini has cooled a bit, add it to the bowl and toss everything with the dressing. Serve immediately.
- The spinach can wilt, so I suggest adding the dressing right before eating this pasta salad.
- Adjust dressing ingredients as needed e.g. add more oil or vinegar to suit your tastes.
- If you prefer, you can use store-bought Italian salad dressing instead of the homemade one.
- Serves 6-8 depending on how much people eat (can be a side dish or main course).
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.