Wondering what's for dinner? You're covered with this roundup of 50+ of the best chicken dinner ideas. We've got everything from easy chicken breast recipes to chicken thigh recipes, chicken soup recipes, chicken pasta recipes, and more!
Chicken recipes for dinner is a no-brainer. There's something for every chicken lover on this list! I hope you'll find something new in here to add to your dinner rotation. These recipes are family-friendly, simple to make, and use everyday ingredients for big flavor and minimal effort.
Restaurant Favorite Chicken Recipes:
Try making these restaurant classics at home! It's easier than you think, and you may just want to stay in tonight.
- Easy Chicken Piccata - the lemon and caper butter sauce is irresistible!
- Chicken Parmesan - my version is crispy, cheesy, and has plenty of marinara.
- Lemon Butter Chicken Scallopini - thinly pounded chicken is melt-in-your-mouth tender.
- Easy Chicken Marsala - it's all about that mushroom marsala sauce.
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken - you may have tried this mega popular sun-dried tomato/garlic/spinach combo at the Olive Garden.
Chicken Pasta Recipes:
A steaming bowl of pasta is the ultimate comfort food!
- Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo - this is the best Chicken Alfredo recipe with a not-so-secret ingredient that makes the sauce incredible.
- Creamy Chicken Spinach Pasta - this comforting dish can be on your table in about 30 minutes.
- Chicken Feta Spinach Pasta - this pasta is fresh, healthy, and simple to make.
- Chicken Penne Pasta - bacon and tomatoes nestled in a creamy sauce make this pasta soo good.
- Spicy Chicken Pasta - easy to make, has a nice kick, and it's fairly healthy too!
One Pot Chicken Dinner Recipes:
Use only one pot (or pan) and dinner's ready with minimal clean-up.
- Lemon Chicken Orzo - this one pot wonder is similar to risotto but easier to make.
- Chicken Bacon Gnocchi - this creamy combo is a reader favorite.
- Easy Chicken Stew - chicken breasts, potatoes, and carrots become melt-in-your-mouth tender.
- Lemon Chicken Gnocchi - pan-fried chicken breasts are seasoned with lemon pepper and served with gnocchi in a creamy lemon sauce. All done in one skillet!
- One Pot Chicken and Broccoli Pasta - it's creamy but lightened up a bit. A family favorite.
Creamy Chicken Recipes:
Tender chicken breasts + cream sauce = the perfect comfort food dinner. These are easy enough for busy weeknights but elegant enough for entertaining! Your skillet is your best friend for these recipes.
- Creamy Garlic Chicken - with over 1,000 comments, this is my most popular chicken recipe. Whole garlic cloves take this dish to the next level.
- Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken - this grown-up take on honey mustard is incredibly delicious.
- Creamy Chicken Florentine - you'll love the pan-fried chicken coated in a creamy spinach sauce.
- Creamy Bacon Chicken - bacon makes everything better. Trust me.
- Creamy Chicken in White Wine Sauce - this recipe is so simple yet so good.
- Creamy Herb Chicken - use fresh or dried herbs and it'll come out perfect every time.
- Creamy Chicken Stroganoff - this Russian classic is sure to be on repeat in your meal rotation.
Chicken Soup Recipes:
What's more comforting than a bowl of chicken soup? These will warm you up!
- Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup - orzo is fantastic in soup, and the lemon juice brightens up this reader favorite.
- Buffalo Chicken Soup - love wings and Frank's Red Hot sauce? You're gonna love this soup.
- Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup - a hug in a bowl.
- Easy Chicken Taco Soup - that Rotel tomato and cream cheese broth will have everyone asking for seconds.
- Easy Chicken Tortellini Soup - a fun twist on chicken noodle soup.
- Easy Chicken and Corn Chowder - this delicious chowder will stick to your ribs.
Tex-Mex Chicken Recipes:
Who can resist delicious Tex-Mex flavors for dinner?
- Creamy White Chicken Chili - possibly the best chicken chili ever.
- Santa Fe Chicken Skillet - a family favorite with plenty of melty cheese, black beans, and corn.
- Skillet Salsa Chicken - turn a jar of salsa and some mozzarella into one delicious chicken dinner.
- Easy Baked Chicken Tacos - these are assembled fast (using rotisserie chicken), popped in the oven, and kids will love topping them.
Baked Chicken Recipes:
Sometimes simple is best! These will go with any number of different side dishes.
- Easy Baked Chicken Thighs - these are easy to prep and versatile... enjoy them hot or cold (like in a salad the next day).
- Honey Baked Drumsticks - take a few minutes to throw them in a ZipLoc with the tasty marinade, and you're well on the way to having tomorrow's dinner ready.
- Easy Baked Chicken Drumsticks - a foolproof method for cooking drumsticks. They're easy and affordable!
Chicken Casserole Dinners:
These chicken casseroles are hearty, filling, and feed a crowd (or make great leftovers).
- Chicken Gloria - this classic has an amazing sherry & mushroom cream sauce and melty Muenster cheese on top. Glorious.
- Cheesy Chicken Divan - you can't go wrong with the cheesy cheddar and broccoli sauce!
- Creamy Cheesy Chicken Tetrazzini - this chicken pasta bake will never go out of style.
- Ranch Chicken and Rice Casserole - chicken and rice are a dream team. The tangy ranch rice is pure goodness.
Takeout-Inspired Chicken Dinner Recipes:
Save money and make dinner a little healthier with these winners.
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry - tender chicken stir fried with plenty of veggies in a sticky sauce is delicious served over rice.
- Pineapple Chicken (Asian Style) - it's sweet, tangy, and readers love it.
- Honey Chicken (Asian Style) - crispy chicken pieces tossed in a sticky honey sauce is sure to please the pickiest of eaters.
- Easy Teriyaki Chicken Recipe - similar to the stir fry above but without the veggies.
Ground Chicken Recipes:
Ground chicken is inexpensive and underrated.
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs - they're coated in a spicy sour cream sauce and taste incredible with mashed potatoes or rice.
- Chicken Patties - they're packed with flavor and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Chicken and Spinach Meatballs - healthy, flavorful, and they can be used in a variety of dishes.
- Ground Chicken Burgers - take my word for it - these are the best chicken burgers (moist and never dry!).
Healthy(ish) Chicken Dinners:
These chicken dinners are a bit lighter on the calories than some of the other options here!
- Easy Chicken and Cabbage Stir Fry - sautéed cabbage is amazing if you haven't tried it before! Perfect for low-carb diets.
- Tomato Spinach White Wine Chicken - the lighter pan sauce doesn't lack any flavor.
- Easy Chicken Caprese - tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, and spinach come together to treat your tastebuds. A summer favorite!
- Chicken Cacciatore - the classic hunter stew has a rich tomato sauce and is simple to make.
Chicken Salad Recipes:
These chicken salad recipes are anything but boring! Perfect for warmer weather or when you're simply not in the mood for a hot dinner.
- Easy Chicken Salad - seriously the best chicken salad sandwich.
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad - this fun take on Caesar salad is great for summer gatherings. You'll love the easy homemade dressing too.
- Thai Chicken Salad with Peanut Dressing - a fresh and delicious Thai-inspired salad.
- Lemon Orzo Salad with Chicken - this healthy salad is packed with goodness and can be made ahead too!
- Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad - chicken, bacon, ranch dressing, and pasta... don't mind if I do.
Last but Not Least... Chicken with Gravy Recipes:
Chicken and gravy are a match made in heaven.
- Easy Chicken and Gravy - this is a quick stovetop dinner that will hit the spot!
- Instant Pot Chicken and Gravy - you can also make chicken and gravy in your electric pressure cooker!
- Crockpot Chicken and Gravy - or make it in your slow cooker!
- Easy Ranch Chicken - you may want to drink that sauce.
Winner winner chicken dinner! Which is your favorite out of these chicken dinner recipes?
I love your recipes. I’ve made so many and loved them all.
Aww thank you so much, Wendy! 🙂